50. Waiting for each other

After 5 days

Samaira came with 2 cups of coffee for Gautam and Arunima, who were sitting on the couch in the hospital room. She glanced towards Abhimaan also, he was unconscious lying on the hospital bed. His operation was successful and he is stable for now.

His head had a serious injury with a fracture on his left leg, and some other injuries on his body. He was unconscious after that. He is stable but not completely out of danger, that will be said after he gains his consciousness.

His family is dying every moment thinking about him. Arunima cried every time, she calls him and he didn't answer him back.

Gautam was trying to support his wife, but from inside he is also breaking slowly. His Granddad, literally got a heart attack when he came to know about all this. He also came to see him twice, he needs to rest also. So, they didn't allow him to come again.

Sagar and Ritika were a great support in this critical and weak phase for them. Sagar was handling his work commitments and also supporting them. Now, Samaira realized why Abhimaan trusted him always. He is truly a wonderful person.

And here is Samaira, she looked at him for some more seconds before going to them.
Only she knows, how she is holding herself. She can't break down. She needs to be strong for her family, their family.

His parents were already bearing this pain to see their son in this between death and life situation, and that is a horrible situation for any parents.

"Maa, please drink this," Samaira said giving her the cup. But, Arunima denied it as usual. Samaira sat beside her, holding her hand.

"This is not right, you have not eaten anything since morning. Dad, please make her understand." She said to Gautam also.

"Arunima, she is right. You need to take care of yourself." He said. Arunima looked at him with her sad face.

"Like you are taking care of yourself very well, don't tell me what to do when you are doing the same." She looked at his lying figure. She just wants him to open his eyes, and call her once. Gautam didn't say anything on this.

Samaira heart pained seeing them so vulnerable.

"Abhimaan will be very angry knowing you didn't take care of yourself. And he....he will also scold me for..not taking care of you both." Samaira said she could feel the forming lump in her throat, but she controlled herself and gulp down her tears.

"I will scold him double if he even tries to scold my daughter. I'm already angry with him, he needs to apologise first for doing this with all of us.....with you." Arunima said palming her cheek with her love. Some traitor tears fall from her eyes, she looked down.

Arunima hugged her, caressing her back. Samaira closed her eyes, Gautam also put his hand on her head, blessing her. She is their strength in this situation. She always hides her tears in front of them. Her heart is crushing from inside, but still, she is portraying to be confident to them.

Whenever she was alone, she cries. His words always roam into her ears, how he always scold her for crying. He doesn't like my tears.

"Samaira, you go home and got fresh and take some rest," Gautam said to her. She shook her head. She can't go without him. She only went home 2-3 times, just to take a bath and to change her clothes.
What if he opens his eyes, and she was not there. He would search for her.

"No..I'm waiting for him. We will go together." She replied and looking down. Arunima felt so lucky to have her in her son's life.

"We are here, beta...you also need some rest. Go and come in some time." Arunima said. Before she could reply, Sagar came inside the room and heard them.