2. Married

Hey.....Thanks for reading this story and giving it a chance. I hope to come up with the best for you guys.

Edited by itsraining_again

This is the next part. Let's meet our hero here😘.

....

Samaira was standing there, still for a moment, until she heard the engine of a car and ran to the window, only to see her cousin sitting on a jeep with a boy and riding off without even looking back. 

"Di! Di! Please stop! Stop!" She yelled but she couldn't do anything. She had no idea what to do. She was afraid now. She clutched the curtain tightly to control her inner self. 

"I have to tell uncle and aunty" she turned to go, only to find them standing there with a confused look on their faces.

"Where is Dhriti?" Damini asked, roaming her eyes around the room, only to find her daughter’s wedding dress on the bed and messed up the room with no presence of her daughter. 

Her uncle, Ishwar Singh, widened his eyes on realising the situation. He looked towards his wife, who also had a horrified expression.

"This can't be happening, no this can’t be possible," her uncle said in a trembling voice. His whole frame shook and was about to fall but Samaira and his wife held him and made him sit on a nearby couch. His heart was beating fast. His face turned pale and his body turned cold. 

"Uncle please relax, everything will be fine. Please have some water," Samaira said, blinking her tears away. She had always seen him as a strong man who always stood for his family. 

"Her number is switched off," Her Aunt stated, trying Dhriti's number, again and again, tears streaming down her face. 

Of course, she had switched off her mobile, no one could contact her. Her eyes brimmed with fresh tears watching them vulnerable like this.

"Why did you do this, Di?" She screamed in her mind. 

"Why did you leave her alone? I told you to be with her. You useless girl!" Damini yelled at her. 

Samaira looked at her with an unknown expression. How was it her fault? But she kept quiet, not wanting to have a screaming match with her at this time. 

"What will I say to them? How will I face those people? Oh, God!" Ishwar whispered in a low voice. His eyes brimmed with tears. He always tried to maintain a good reputation in society, always worked hard. He was content with whatever he had, never wanting more. When the Rajvansh asked for her daughter's hand, he was so happy. He didn't earn a lot of money but he had earned respect, but now it would be gone too. 

"Maybe we can talk to them. We will apologise, but you have to take care of yourself first. This will affect your health, uncle" Samaira said, concerned. He was a heart patient, stress was an enemy for his health.

"My daughter didn't think about me once before doing this, here you are, trying to support me." He said to her, 

Damini was pacing to and fro, trying to come up with some excuse or idea to cover up this situation. She had to do something before anyone knew about it. 

"Why don’t we get her to marry Abhimaan today," her aunt dropped the bomb, suddenly. Samaira was speechless, she could not believe her ears. Was she trying to get her married instead of Dhriti?

Ishwar looked at his wife, admonished. "Are you out of your damn mind?" He hissed at her.

"You are not getting my point. If today there will be no wedding, then we both know what will happen" She told him.