Chapter 18

Trent was glad to see Shy start to relax as she sat beside him. They had been talking about a little of everything and they now sat in silence.

"Well this is nice and all but if you need me I'll be out there." Trent said as he pointed out to the darkness.

"What's out there?" Shy asked as she strained her eyes to see what he was pointing at. No luck she did good to see three feet in front of her. It was so dark out because there was hardly any moon tonight. But the stars were shining brightly.

"My hammock and it's calling my name."

Shy watched as he stood up and disappeared into the darkness. Now would be a good time to leave but for some reason she didn't want to. It was probably because she had several beers in her and didn't want to drive home. She finished her beer and went inside.

She threw away her bottle and grabbed two more. She heard some moans coming from the other room and smiled as she made her way outside. She went down the stairs and headed to where Trent had pointed.

"Did you lose something?"

She couldn't see anything and yelped when she heard his voice come out of nowhere. She spun around and barely made out the hammock. She walked over to him. "Don't scare me like that, and no I just figured I'd bring you a beer. Mine was empty so I figured your's would be to." She heard a low chuckle and squeezed her thighs together.

"Are you trying to get me drunk, so you can have your way with me?"

"NO I just..."She heard him chuckle again and again squeezed her legs tighter together. She was so wet and every time he chuckled it just made her more excited.

"I'm joking Shy. You really need to relax and enjoy life a little. When was the last time you just looked at the stars, and forgot about everything else?" He asked and he heard her sigh.

"I don't really have time for that. I work twelve hour shifts, sometimes more at the hospital. When I'm not working I'm busy running errands or trying to sleep. Lately I've been helping Ness out a lot."

He looked to the house and smiled.  "I don't think you have to worry about her tonight. I'm sure Travis is taking real good care of her right this moment."

"Do you mind if I star gaze with you?" She asked trying to change the subject.

"That would mean sitting in the hammock with me. Are you sure you're okay with that?"

"Why wouldn't I be? Watching the stars with a sexy man lying next to me can't be all that bad." She turned beet red as soon as she said that and was grateful for the darkness that hid her red face.

He suppressed a laugh and just smiled. He wanted to take her right then and there. Instead he said," Climb on in then and I'll show you the constellations."

"Could you hold these?" She asked and handed him the two beers.