Chapter 22

Vanessa spun around to see the back of the dress in the mirror and scrunched up her nose. She glanced at Shy who did the same adding a finger down her throat in a mock gag. Vanessa nodded and went back into the dressing room. Green was not her color at all.

She reached for the next one and slipped on the strapless, floor length red flowing dress. She did the same in this one and then looked to Shy who shook her head as she popped a complimentary strawberry in her mouth. "To Pretty Woman." She said as she chewed her berry.

"I thought the same once I put it on." She sighed and went back into the room to change. The next one was a floor length navy blue dress. It was a strapless heart shaped bodice and the back was almost non-existent. Silk formed her body as a intricate lace work laid softly over the top and trailed to a small train in the back. It was beautiful but she wasn't to sure it was for her.

She stepped out and got a quick whistle from Shy as she nodded her head. "That's the one girl. You have to get it." She said while bouncing in her seat.

Vanessa did a turn to see it fully in the triple mirrors and agreed with her friend but still wanted to try the last one on first. She nodded and went back to change into the last one.

As she stepped out every eye in the store was glued to her. She looked to Shy and her mouth was hanging open as she looked her up and down.

She stepped to the mirror and smiled as she saw the woman staring back at her. She saw a confident and sophisticated woman with a perfect body and she lifted her head a little higher. This was the dress there was no doubt.

It was much more simple then the others but it was everything she needed. It was a black satin on the bottom that clung to her body with every move she made. The top had a strap on only one side that was covered in diamond like jewels that continued down between her breasts and hugged her right side. The back was low cut and stopped at her lower back. There was a slit up the left leg that stopped mid thigh.

She did another turn and looked back at Shy who still hadn't said anything. "I am getting this one definitely." She said as she stopped spinning. Shy nodded as she stared at her friend.

"Yeah that's the one girl." She let out a wolf whistle and winked at her best friend. "Of course I'm not sure you'll get out of the house once Trav sees you in this little doozie." She giggled at the face Vanessa made. "He just might lock you up and have his way with you all night instead." She said waggling her eyebrows. Vanessa shook her head and turned one more time in the mirror before heading to the room to change into her own clothes.

Shy had found her dress a long time ago. It was a pale yellow floor length strapless dress that had a jewel encrusted bodice. It flowed out from the waist and was her to a tee. She on the other hand took hours and now they had to pay for the dresses and meet the guys upstairs where they were being fitted for new tuxedos.

Shy paid for hers with Trent's credit card and Vanessa paid with Travis's card. They had both insisted they pay for the dresses and after a lot of arguing the girls finally gave in. When the lady rang up Vanessa's dress her eyes bugged out of her head when the lady said, "That will be $968.82."