Chapter 27

Dean finds the same picture of Castiel and Jo making out on the beach. Fortunately, as someone who understands PR relationships, he doesn't find it anywhere near as annoying as Charlie did, so he has a little more fun with it. He pastes his own face on top of Castiel's in a purposely shitty Photoshop job, then sends the altered image to Jo along with the text, "Much better!"

He doesn't expect a response anytime soon, given that Jo's been traveling the country for interviews with the cast as frequently as Dean has been for promo for his album, but he must have found a down time for them both, because she responds within minutes.

Jo: Why would you force me to look at this picture

Dean: Is torturing your exes not something everyone does? :)))))

Jo: :/

Dean chuckles. He's glad Jo liked his Photoshop job. He worked very hard in the five minutes it took to make it.

Dean: Did you have fun on your date?

Jo: The water was fucking freezing

Dean: Well, yes, a beach does tends to get cold in September

Jo: But the air was so warm so why did the beach have to be so cold?

Dean: Because physics or some shit

Jo: Okay then

Dean: Excluding the temperature of the water, did you have fun on your date?

Jo: I did. Cas is actually really sweet. I definitely miss your sass, but Cas is actually boyfriend material, not just best-friends-with-benefits material

Dean raises an eyebrow. He was fully aware that he and Jo were just friends with benefits who put on a show for the cameras, and he definitely considers her his best friend, so that's not what phased him. He's just surprised that she sounds like she's actually considering something more here. He'd been under the impression that she thought PR relationships were nothing but PR relationships.

Dean: Are you going to ask him out?

He's not quite sure how he feels about that. He really likes Jo. He likes Cas about as much as you can like a guy you've only met a few times. Their characters had a hell of a lot of chemistry in their new movie. They seem pretty happy together in this new fake relationship. All that makes it sound like a great potential relationship. But something about it just seems wrong.

Jo: I don't think so

Jo: I'm just gonna see what happens

Dean: And if he asks you out?

Dean: In a not-PR way, I mean?

Jo: If he does that obviously I'll say yes, but I think a fake relationship is good enough, at least for now. It's got all the benefits of a real relationship, but without the struggle of actually being in a relationship, you know?

Dean chuckles softly. He definitely knows what she means. Making out on beaches and hitting up ice cream parlors is just the beginning.

Dean: I'm glad it worked out

Dean: But if he ever breaks your heart please remember that I can and will break his nose if you ask

Jo: 0_0

Dean: :)))))