Chapter 40

Castiel is having a very good day. He's not entirely sure why it's a good day, but it just feels like a good day. Even Charlie agreed with him on that one. It's a beautiful Thursday, and he gets the whole day to himself to do whatever the hell he wants to do. His press tour has been over for a few weeks, and while he does still hit up the occasional interview, it's been pretty laid back recently. He is overjoyed at the thought of lying in bed all day and doing nothing.

Dean ruins that.

Dean: DUDE DID YOU HEAR THAT THEY CANCELLED WAYWARD SISTERS?????????????????????????!

Castiel stares at his phone blankly. This is a joke, right? They wouldn't actually cancel the show, would they? It's on the CW, for god's sake. It's not like Wayward Sisters has very high standards to meet to keep up with the network's viewership requirements. The only show anyone even talks about from there is Riverdale, and that's mostly just to make fun of it.

So Castiel googles it.

"Wayward Sisters" canceled amidst low ratings.

What the fuck?

He opens his conversation with Dean, but he can't find the words to type out a response. What does he even say to this? He loves this show. He's been watching since the day it first aired.

Dean: Did you actually leave me on read while I'm grieving the loss of my new favorite show?

Oh, right. He should probably think of something to say.

Castiel: No, I just don't know what to say.

Dean: Just cry with me then

Castiel: ...

Dean: Honestly fuck the CW they finally had a good thing going and they decided to throw it away

Dean: I can't even

Castiel: I know :/

Dean: Someone hmu with the CW executive dude's phone number so I can yell at him

Castiel: It's not quite that easy.

Or is it?

Castiel has a lot of good connections to powerful people, most of which come from his agent. He can't ask the CW to pick it back up, obviously. Warner Bros canceled it for a reason. But he can use what little pull he has to try to fix it. He has a bit of a fanbase. He's collected a lot of people from a lot of fandoms, thanks to popping into TV show after TV show for the last decade or so, and now that he's been in two pretty big movies, he has even more.

So he emails his agent. He wants to see if he can nab a spot in this show before it ends. He tells his agent that he would take the role for free if there's one up for grabs, and that the pleasure of finally meeting the actresses would be enough for him. He also asks if he can publicize it if it does work out, and maybe, if they're lucky, he can bring the show a few new fans. The show's already been canceled, so he can't do much to hurt it. Maybe he can squeeze at least one last season out of it, though. It's worth a shot.

Dean: I think we should sue the CW for being rude

Right, he should probably keep talking to Dean so the guy doesn't think he's ignoring him.

Castiel: ... that's also not how this works.

Dean: Well let's sue them anyway

Castiel: ...

Dean: (✿^‿^)

Should he tell Dean what he's doing? He'd probably like to know that there's a chance, however slim it is, that he could save the show. Fan armies have saved things like Brooklyn 99 and Lucifer before. This could be another one of those cases.

At the same time, though, he doesn't want to get Dean's hopes up. For all he knows, landing the role is just going to get people to make jokes about how the mighty have fallen. The casting directors may even decide they don't want him. It's not like he has a whole lot of experience with fight scenes, and that's half of what Wayward Sisters is. They might decide they don't want to take that risk, and they'd rather end the show on a high note.

But Dean would kill him if he finds out that Castiel's on the show and didn't tell him.

Castiel: Can I let you in on a little secret?

Dean: Uh yeah obviously

Castiel: I'm trying to get a spot on the show.

Dean: WHAT

Dean: YES

Dean: DUDE IMAGINE BEING ON THAT SHOW

Dean: THAT'S GONNA BE AWESOME

Castiel: I don't even know if they're going to want me. Save the celebration until I get the official confirmation.

Dean: Are you kidding? They'd be crazy to say no like yeah they'd probably have to cast you as a bad guy or like a one or two episode guy cuz all the main characters are girls because feminism and female empowerment or whatever but come on they're not gonna say no to someone as big as you

Castiel: You don't know that.

Dean: Yes I do

Dean: You're totally gonna get the part and it's gonna be awesome

Castiel: I hope you're right. I'm hoping that people will want to watch the show if they hear I'm on it, and maybe they can convince the CW to give it another go.

Dean: WAIT THAT'S SO SMART

Dean: I'm sorry I'll stop talking in all caps but yes I like that idea

Dean: I wish I could save the show :/

Castiel: You can mention that you like it and maybe people will watch it?

Dean: Ehhhhhh

Castiel: But if you're going to, you have to do it soon, because if I get the role, you can't suddenly start liking the show. That would look suspicious.

Dean: -_-

Castiel: I will make one (1) exception to this "tell no one" thing if you want to talk to your publicist about it. It could be an attention grabber if it looks like I hijacked your favorite TV show.

Dean: ...

Dean: I will think about it

Dean: I really don't want this show to end -_-

Castiel: Then think about it. I hope you choose to use your platform for the betterment of our society by advertising this show.

Dean: -_-

A/N Taylor Swift just surprise dropped a new album and it's gorgeous. It might be her best one yet. It's so soft and gentle but it's also heartbreaking as fuck. She started it in April and finished it last week. It's her first non-autobiographical album, and every song is a story, some from characters she made up (there are three songs that make a full story of three members of a love triangle at different points in the relationship, and if I had to guess, I'd say it's Betty, Illicit Affairs, and Cardigan?), there's a song about the people who used to own her Rhode Island house, and one about her grandfather in the war. It sounds weird and sporatic but it all flows so well from one song to the next, and I can't recommend it enough. The critics are eating it up. 

This is the one about her Rhode Island house, and I know that sounds really boring, but it's not, I promise. I don't want to say anything else because I feel like half the fun of the first listen is the surprise, but it's awesome.