18. Truth be told (part 2)

[I got a couple of requests for a part 2 and I'm sorry there isn't much action but I've done my best :) I also forgot to mention that these two chapters were inspired by 'nothing but the truth', a chapter of KnightofThePhoenix 's Merlin oneshots book (which you need to check out btw) - I hope you enjoy!]
[Also the above picture is a seagull I met the other day when I was forced to go on a walk down the harbour with my family (I named the gull 'Alejandro' just because). All I got out of that walk was a back ache, a couple of photos for my photography assignment and sand in my shoes.]

"So are you going to tell us what these secrets are or are we going to have to interrogate you?" Arthur furrowed his brow, hoping that for once Merlin wouldn't be difficult.

"How about a bit of both?" Merlin suggested, a tired grin plastered across his face, "That'll be fun, won't it?"

"Fine. Have it your way." Arthur rolled his eyes, "If you're a DragonLord, does that mean you have... magic?"

"Wow, straight to the point, thought we'd have a bit of time to build up to that but no, you really have no sense of class, do you?" Merlin muttered and his mouth moved again of its own volition, "But yes."

"So not only did you become a DragonLord but you also developed magic powers and we didn't notice?" Leon rubbed at his temples, mentally berating himself for being so unobservant.

"Not... not exactly." Merlin bit his lip, "I was already magic long before then."

Arthur closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "How long?" He asked after he'd recomposed himself, "Did you learn it in Camelot?"

"I never learned, not really, I was born with magic." The only thing stopping Merlin from breaking down then and there was the surprisingly genuine positive curiosity among the group, "It wasn't until I got to Camelot that I learned to control it. That's why my mother sent me here. She found out that I er... I used my magic to fell a tree in front of Will and almost flattened Old Man Simmons."

Arthur's mouth slowly dropped open as he remembered something, "It was you, wasn't it?"

"Sorry?"

"Back when bandits were raiding Ealdor, there was a whirlwind that saved me, and your friend Will claimed it was him after he jumped in front of that bolt to save me." Arthur saw Merlin wince at the mention of his friend's death, "He took the blame for you, didn't he?"

"Yeah, he did." Merlin looked at the wooden dragon again in attempt to find some sort of comfort.

"How many times have you saved me without me knowing or someone else took the blame?" Arthur asked, bewildered.

"I've lost count." Merlin shrugged with a smile, "That's what I use it for, after all, to save your royal backside. Only for you. Honestly, you'd be surprised the amount of times a week someone tries to kill you."

"Bloody hell." Arthur ran a hand through his hair and the knights just stared on in shock.

"Hang on, I thought you said that was Emrys' job." Gwaine frowned.

"I did, didn't I?" Merlin winced.

"Merlin, What aren't you telling us now?" Arthur pressed.

"I am Emrys." Merlin's mouth moved before he could catch himself and silence fell upon the camp.
[Silence will fall when the question is asked] [I am so sorry]

"You... you said that Emrys is the most powerful warlock to ever walk the earth!" Arthur cried, "You can't be! You're... you're you!"

"Wow." Merlin scowled.