1

"I'M WARNING YOU TWO

"I'M WARNING YOU TWO. KEEP YOUR BEASTS AWAY FROM SCABBERS OR I'LL TURN THEM INTO TEA COZIES."

Max and Hermione shared a deep scoff, glaring at Ron's dramatics.

"They're cats, Ronald."

Max looked up at his Siamese cat, Cassius, perched on his shoulder. Hermione's orange cat resting in her arms while Ron held onto his rat for dear life.

"What do you expect?"

"They're only meant to chase away the pests," Maxwell smiled at his glaring friend.

"Cats? Is that what they told you lot? They look like pigs with hair."

"You're holding roadkill, Ron."

"That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush," Hermione pursed her lips. "It's all right Crookshanks, just ignore the mean little boy."

"Cassius will kill him and leave him on your pillow if you aren't careful, Weasley."

"Harry!"

Maxwell and Hermione turned around with wide eyes, following Ron's gaze to the staircase behind them.

"Harry," Hermione echoed.

"Missed you dearly, Potter." Max faked wiping away a tear as Harry laughed.

The raven haired boy grabbed his friend by the wrist, Ron and Hermione following the two to take a seat at the table in the middle of the Leaky Cauldron.

"Egypt." Harry smiled down at the paper in front of him, glancing at Ron. "What's it like?"

"Brilliant. Lots of old stuff. Like mummies, tombs, even Scabbers enjoyed himself."

"You know Egyptians used to worship cats?" Hermione chimed in, Max grinning as Cassius purred.

"Along with the dung beetles." Ron gave a look of disgust, Maxwell laughing softly.

"Not flashing that clipping about again, are you Ron?" The four turned to see Fred and George moving towards them.

"I haven't shown anyone," he lied.

"No, not a soul," Fred said sarcastically. "Not unless you count Tom."

"The day maid."

"The night maid."

"The cook."

Maxwell couldn't help but laugh as the twins went back and forth.

"The bloke who came to fix the toilet."

"And that wizard from Belgium."

"Other than that," Max grinned at Ron. "Not a soul."

"Shut it, Princey."