8

"Max

"Max."

The boy froze at Harry side at the sound of Ron's voice, reaching out for the Potter's hand. Harry offered a light chuckle, ducking out of Max's grip and hurrying out of the common room.

"Max, can I have a moment?" Without even looking at Ron, Max could hear the frown in his tone.

Against his better judgement, Max turned to face the Weasley, holding his breath. Ron rushed forward, wrapping his arms tightly around Max as he pulled him into a hug. 

A soft sigh escaped the Prince, hugging back just as tightly as he relaxed into Ron's hold.

"I'm sorry I've been such a git." Ron smiled at the sound of Max's laughter.

"It's all right."

"It's not," he shook his head.

"Well, I forgive you either way. Come on, Hermione and Harry are waiting for us." Max took Ron's hand, pulling him toward out of the common room.

The two made idle conversation as they went, catching up on the past few days as best they could.

"There you are." Hermione waved at Max, ushering him to sit beside her. "Everything is back to normal with you two?"

"I think so."

"That's great," Hermione and Max shared a smile.

"What's that?" Max held up the paper in front of Hermione, pointing out the heading to the girl.

"Look at this," Hermione shouted at the other two boys. "She's done it again. 'Miss Granger a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report, is none other than Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter is taking this emotional blow.'"

"Merlin, that woman is pathetic."

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley."

Max, Harry, and Hermione looked at one and other in question as a young Gryffindor brought a package to Ron.

"Thank you, Nigel." The young boy smiled, turning to stare at Harry. "Not now, Nigel," Ron scolded. "Later."

Ron turned back to the table, moving to open his package, but Hermione's questioning glare stopped him.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph. Oh look, mums sent me something." Ron pulled out a brown looking piece of clothing, his face scrunched up in disdain. "Mum sent me a dress."

"Well it does match your eyes," Harry teased. "Is there a bonnet?"

"Those are robes aren't they?" Max asked Hermione, receiving a nod. "Are we having Yule Ball?"

Hermione merely hummed, watching as Ron walked toward Ginny with the robes in hand.

"Ginny, these must be for you."