12

"Are you okay?"

"Are you okay?"

Cedric asked the boys has he pushed himself off of the ground, unaware to Max's panic.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yeah."

"Sh." Max rapidly hushed the two, looking around the graveyard for any sign. "This isn't right. That cup was a Portkey, we aren't supposed to be here."

"Where are we exactly?" Cedric questioned, not understanding Max's clear uneasiness.

"I've been here before," Harry whispered to Max.

"In the dreams? The dreams you refuse to tell me about," Max whispered harshly as he followed Cedric.

"I've been here before," Harry repeated. "In a dream."

"Harry." Max gaped at the name on the tombstone in front of them; Tom Riddle.

"Cedric, we have to get to the cup, now." Harry finally seemed to understand Max's frantic state, aware that his dreams about Voldemort were finally becoming a reality.

Hermione had told Max of Harry's dreams, not knowing why the Potter wanted to keep them from Max.

"Now Cedric!"

"What are you two talking about?"

A loud creaking echoed through the air, a familiar man coming into view. Harry began to scream, hand flying to his scar.

"Harry!" Cedric rushed over to the boy, Max keeping his eyes on the strange man.

"Cedric, get out of here!" Max yelled at the boy, shoving him in the direction of the cup. "Harry, it's Pettigrew."

The rat like man grinned as he neared the boys, holding something close to his chest. Instead of listening, Cedric pointed his wand at Peter.

"Who are you? What do you want?"

"Kill the spare." Max heard a weak voice whisper to Peter.

"No!" Max scream echoed through his own ears, watching as Peter pointed his wand at Cedric.

"Avada Kedavra."

"No! No!" Max lunged after Cedric, but it was too late. The green light hit him square in the chest, sending him flying backward.

Max sprinted over, falling to the ground beside Cedric's body.

"Ced, Ced. Come on, Diggory." Tears fell from Maxwell's face at the vacant look on Cedric's face. The light was far gone from his eyes, the sight making Max scream.

The problem at hand faded away, Max suddenly not being able to hear Harry's screams.

"Cedric, come back to me. Please, Cedric. You were supposed to win, mate." Max fisted his hands into Cedric's jersey, shaking as he hovered over the body. "Not you, Cedric. Not you, please not you."