7

The five champions of the Triwizard tournament were pacing nervously throughout the tent

Fleur was muttering to herself, walking around on balls of her feet, Krum was trying to act as if he wasn't bother, and failing miserably. Cedric was trying to keep his cool demeanor, but Max knew him too well for that. And Harry wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was terrified. Neither was Maxwell.

Max was trying to remember every spell he had ever learned, especially the ones Remus had taught him.

He jumped at the sound of a camera, turning to see Rita Skeeter approaching Hermione and Harry. Max placed his hands over his ears, humming to himself softly as he tried to remember what spells could be helpful.

"You look like you're about to vomit," Cedric laughed lightly.

"Who says I'm not?" The Diggory boy rolled his eyes, placing a hand on Max's shoulder.

"You'll be perfectly fine."

"I know," Max joked arrogantly. "It's you I worry about."

"You have no business here."

Cedric and Max both turned to see Krum glaring at the Prophet writer.

"This tent is for champions, and friends."

"No matter," Rita shrugged. "We've got what we wanted."

"Good day, champions."

Max let out a groan as Dumbledore entered the tent with the other teachers and Crouch, Harry giving him a questioning look while Cedric slapped him on the back to make him stop.

"Gather round please." The champions stood around the Headmaster, Max giving a friendly smile to Fleur. "Now, you've waited, you've wondered, and at last the moment has arrived. A moment only five of you can truly appreciate."

Dumbledore paused, giving the girl at his side a double take.

"Miss Granger, what are you doing here?"

"Oh," she gave a frown to Max. "Sorry, I'll just go." She turned and left the tent, only offering her cousin a nod as she went.

"Barty, the bag."

"Champions, in a circle around me." Crouch instructed the teens, moving them so Max stood at his left, Harry on the other side of the Prince, and Fleur stood at his right. "Miss Delacour, if you will."

Everyone held their breaths as Fleur reached into the bag, pulling out a small dragon that rested in her palm.

"The Welsh Green. Mr. Krum." Viktor did the same, wincing slightly as he reached into the bag. "The Chinese Fireball," Barty then turned to Cedric. "The Swedish Short-Snout."

Max heard a slight sigh come from Harry as the man turned to him, hissing through his teeth as he reached into the bag.

"The Hungarian Horntail, and now you Mr. Prince."