Chapter 8: Well brewed coffee and old books

This part onwards this book will contain, mention of other books and some story elements as well as characters, I've chosen fairly common and well known books, but it doesn't have any spoilers, so rest assured if you haven't read these books and are planning to read them, this is just an attempt to create intrigue. On the other hand, if you haven't read the books that will be mentioned in this and the following chapters you should definitely check them out, I highly recommend them.

**********************************************

Chapter 8: Well brewed coffee and old books

**********************************************

"A little head's up next time Ayden!" I said as soon as I saw him waiting for me near the entrance of the library. 

"Sorry..." He said looking sheepishly adorable, "I didn't think you'd actually wanna come." Urgh, I can't even be mad at him for long. He was standing on top of this ledge like platform and looked down at me.

"What are you doing up there?" I asked.

"It's easier to look far from higher places." He said and then jumped down that six feet- something tall ledge and landed right next to me. It startled me.

"The hell Ayden you could hurt yourself!" I scolded.

"Relax, it's nothing I haven't done before." He assured. But I still frowned and decided to change the subject.

"What did you tell them about me?" I asked, remembering our phone conversation earlier. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and answered.

"It was last week and I said, 'I have to hang out with this girl that likes me, so I can't attend the book meeting this time." He quoted himself, and I flushed as soon as I heard his words.

"Did you have to say it quite like that?" I frowned while blushing up at him.

He smiled, "What's wrong with what I said?"

Seriously?

"Nothing, forget it!" I grumbled and marched ahead grumpily.

"Skyler..." He called, I turned back around with a cranky look on my face.

"What?!"

"It's this way." He pointed in a different direction than I was currently heading towards.

My annoyance dissolved into embarrassment as I turned around and followed him.

He smiled like he found my annoyance amusing.

Damn him!

****************************

I followed Ayden and we entered a quaint room, it wasn't too bright but well lit with subdued yellow light that looked golden.

I could see people of all age groups gathered in the middle of the room happily chatting away with books in their hands and laps.

My eyes roamed all over the place curiously, I could hardly see any walls since all of them were lined with bookshelves.

A few eyes turned to look at me as Ayden and I entered, conversations grew fainter as people realised a new face was in the crowd.

"Come on, have a seat..." An elder woman said, smiling at me sweetly.

I hesitated but walked ahead and stood near the chair she was offering.

Ayden came up next to me and introduced us, "Everyone, this is Skyler." Suddenly whispers started and again quieted down as he continued to speak, "And this is Amelia," He said gesturing at the elder woman who spoke to me, I smiled awkwardly in greeting