Chapter 13: This is why we can't have nice things

*************************************************

My mouth was stretched into a smile that seemed like it was never gonna leave my face and my cheeks flushed every time I thought of what happened yesterday at the library with Ayden. I thought of it more often than I care to admit, and damn was he a good kisser, not bad for a first kiss. 

Not to forget about the ones that followed.

And I was blushing again. Not because I was thinking about the kiss....okay, maybe that too. But it was mainly because four pairs of flabbergasted eyes were focused on me as I repeated myself. "Ayden and I are together." 

We were all sitting in a pizza place and talking when I decided to finally tell them. 

"Together as in together or just..." Mia asked, obviously not very sure what I meant. 

"Together in?" Noah asked, looking the most confused. 

"Oh god damn it! We are in a relationship." I explained, my blush was long gone. 

Mia and Riley squealed loudly and made my ears a little less functional but I wasn't complaining. 

Mia congratulated me and Riley said 'good job' as if it was an achievement. It kind of was... In a way...

Cameron decided to high five me, but since I didn't wish to get hit on the face I refused and moved out of the way and he dropped his hand, pouting. 

"Wait...does he know you think that?" Noah asked, earning a slap to the back of his head from Riley. 

"Ouch, that hurts!" He complained while Riley ignored him and looked directly at me. 

"When? How....? Details Sky, you can't just drop this bomb on us!" She scolded and Mia nodded in agreement. 

"Tell us everything!" Cameron exclaimed, making me look at him weirdly. 

"Okay so..." I started. "Remember how I started going to this library for a book club?"

"Yeah, the one Ayden introduced you to..... What about it?" Mia quickly added. 

"Wait! you go to a library?" Noah asked, sounding shocked. "I thought you only used books to swat at flies and bees in the nursery." He said.

Was it so hard to imagine me going to an establishment with books? 

Okay, fine...., I admit, I'm guilty of that, but books are damn useful and handy and they could be weapons of mass destruction in a bee attack. 

I narrowed my eyes at a happily over-eating Noah. "For your information, I do use books for their intended purposes, now, will you shut up and let me speak before I punch you in the throat?" 

He gulped as he swallowed and nodded wordlessly as I continued to shoot him the most passive-aggressive glare. 

"Yeah, so I was saying..." Before I was rudely interrupted "I was at the book club, and Ayden and I stayed after the end of another session to clean up, it was dark outside and getting late..."

"Sounds spooky..." Was Cameron's unnecessary feedback, I Ignored him. 

"We were the only ones there..." I continued, my voice turned lower and they leaned in closer to listen.

"Now it sounds like an illicit affair." He added. 

"Will you let her speak Cameron, for god sake!" Mia yelled. 

"I was- I was just critiquing her narrative..." He defended.

"No one asked you to!" She said, glaring at him.