Extra scene (15) END

Extra Scene.

***********************

Summer was coming to an end and rains were getting more and more frequent as the days passed. Today was a sunny day again, and since they were so far and few between I decided to take advantage of it while it lasted.

I was sitting on a park bench reading, I held a copy of 'Simon vs the homosapiens agenda' in my hand, my expressions were set in a pensive look as my eyes followed the words on the paper with eager anticipation of what was to come next.

It was rather hard for me to flip the page with one hand but somehow I managed and continued to read.

"I shouldn't have recommended any books to you, you hardly pay attention to me," Ayden complained, he was sitting next to me, holding my hand, my fingers intertwined with his.

"Sshh, go away!" I shushed in his general direction, not bothering to even look at him. My eyes were stuck to the page taking in every word.

I think I saw his jaw drop from the corner of my eye but I wasn't so sure, I didn't look up to confirm. "Are you retaliating right now? Is this your revenge?"

I scoffed. "You really think I'm that petty?"

"I'm not sure, to be honest." He said.

"Well in any case now you know how I feel when you have your nose stuck in a book," I smirked and continued to read the same paragraph for the third time.

"I knew you were retaliating." He mumbled. "If you don't keep the book away I'll kiss you." He threatened.

My eyes widened and I looked around the park that was filled with people and mostly children. "You wouldn't!" I said looking directly at him.

"Try me..." He smirked and I blushed. As much as I did want to kiss him I was not fond of PDA.

I marked the page with a bookmark, closed it and placed it aside to look up at him "I didn't realise you were so clingy."

This time I did see his jaw drop, "I'm not!" He denied.

"Sure," I said sarcastically.

"You are mean these days, I think I'm a bad influence." He said and rested his head on my shoulder, he was a lot taller and he had to lean down quite a bit to be comfortable on my shoulder but he did it anyway and his fingers traced mindless patterns on my hand that still was clasped in his warm grip.

"You never were a good influence." I smiled.

"Hey, now that's a lie..." He whispered. "And you know it."

I didn't reply because I didn't know what to say, I wasn't gonna admit he was right.

I looked up at the clear blue sky and said: "Isn't the sky beautiful?"

He looked at me from the side, not lifting his head completely off my shoulder and murmured: "Yeah she is."

"Ayden, are you flirting with me right now?" I smirked.

"What? I can't flirt with my girlfriend now?" He asked unapologetically.

I started blushing, well....that backfired. "I guess it's allowed."

"That's what I thought." I could hear a smile in his words.

After a comfortable moment of silence, Ayden asked, "Do you wanna go on a date?"

I raised an eyebrow, it was ten in the morning, "Right now?"

"What's wrong with right now?" He asked as he straightened up and looked into my eyes excitedly.

I thought about it for a moment, but it wasn't a difficult decision. "Okay," I said.

I picked up my book when he dragged me out of the park and I struggled to keep up with his pace.

***************************

I wrote this scene, but since it didn't fit in with the story it's not part of it. But I thought I'd update it anyway.

I wrote this story to encourage those who couldn't find it in themselves to confess their feelings to a certain special someone. It is also inspired by the struggles of one of my best friend, although most of it is my imagination.

All I wanna say is: If you like someone, tell them before it's too late. life is too short for regrets.

I hope you found some courage through this story, and if not... I hope you at least enjoyed this story. Thanks for being with me on this journey.

Now I have a favor to ask, if you enjoy this story and forgot to vote on all the chapters please take a moment to go back and vote it would mean a great deal to me. Thanks you... ❤

Hope you'll go on and read my other books too.

Another, humour-romance is completed and posted on my profile, it's called 'Dear Intruder' hope you'd check that one out too...

Thanks for reading and for your votes and comments and all your support

****************************************************