Chapter 56

I'm not sure how much longer we stay like that, crying in each other's arms, but when the tears subside, the sun is setting.

Just like the day transforms into the night, I too transform from this new insight.

I had been right all along to suspect that the Moon Goddess would never pair me with someone as cruel as Thane.

When I noticed that there was something missing with Thane that I had with Finn- it was a true mating bond.

Finn is my true mate.

My guilt for starting a physical relationship with Finn dissolved once my memories reappeared. I had no reason to feel guilty for being with someone else- with my mate.

Everything is as it should be.

Except for one thing.

"Wait," I say to Finn as I pull away. "What now? I mean, there's still a prophecy that the Moon Goddess gets killed. Surely, there is more to be done?"

Finn nods. "We can summon the Moon Goddess again. She could answer any of your questions better than I could."

"Okay, let's go," I say, getting up and tugging his wrist.

He frowns. "Are you sure you want to do this right now? I mean, you just learned something that'll change the course of your life. This could always wait for another day, until you've had more time to process things."

Oh, Finn. Always so concerned, caring.

Everything Thane is not.

I shake my head. "I won't be able to sleep if I don't. I have to know what's going on," I insist.

Finn hesitates before nodding. "Alright, let's go somewhere nobody will disturb us."

I'm not sure what he means, but he takes my hand and guides me outside the house. And the whole time, I can only think about how right it is to be with him, like every cell in my body is finally relaxed knowing my true fate.

We walk past the garden, and he pauses in front of an empty patch of land. He waves his hand, and suddenly, a small brick building appears.

We go inside, and I frown when I look at our surroundings. There's multiple cells, equipo with silver chains.

It's a prison.

I tense up. "Finn, what is this place?" I ask nervously, withdrawing my hand from his.

"It's a building for safety," He emphasizes the word, like he's trying to lessen my distress. "I haven't used it. It's just in case if we run into, well, a not so friendly rogue."

His words relax me slightly. It made sense, why he would need somewhere to hold a dangerous rogue. I was just glad he didn't lock me in here the first time he kidnapped me.

And when I look closer at the room, I recognize it. "This is where we summoned her the first time," I recall, remembering the room from the memories Dean restored.

Finn nods. "I can hide it from the others while we summon her. If your concentration gets broken, the communication could be lost."

I almost ask how we establish communication, but then realize that I already have the memories from the first time we did this.

"We need blood," I say nervously, hoping he doesn't plan on using mine.

Finn pulls out a letter-opener from his pocket- he must have grabbed it from the library before we left- and holds open his palm.

"Wait!" I cry out. "You can't just slash yourself. It'll hurt."

Finn smiles slightly. "It's alright, Onyx. If you're that worried, I can have Ronin heal me once we're done."