Chapter 8

I'm back with another update. I hope y'all like it!

Anna's POV
When we arrive, I'm immediately in awe. Like look at the structure, the design. it's very classic and modern at the same time. I love this type of builds! We enter the reception and let me tell you I'm living my dreams, I like seeing something new. New design, new looks and this place is magnificent.

"Anna, don't talk to anyone in here and always be at my side, please?" He said. I just nod and stare at the paintings in here.

"Mr. Harrington, it's nice to see you here!" A old man maybe in late thirties greet Xander.
"Nice to see you too and please drop the formalities, we're friends right?" Xander replied. "Okay then..." he said while laughing and then he saw me.

"Well who is this lovely lady?" Xander look at me, "Anna this is my long time friend, Andrei and this is Anna"

"Hello Ms.Anna, I must say you look beautiful in that gown" I blush and said 'Thank you'. "Xander, I should go and greet other guest. I hope you enjoy the party" with that he left.

"Do you want something?" I shake my head no and he pull me towards another people, that's been going for about an hour until I decided to go to the restroom.

"Xander, I'm going to the restroom. Can you wait here?" I ask him, "No, I will go with you"

"No need, just tell me where the restroom is. Plus you have some guest to talk to" after so much persuasion, he finally agree. "Fine, the restroom is that way and it's the only one there. You should see it"

"Thank you, please excuse me" I said politely then walk towards the restroom.

I enter it and quickly do my thing. I wash my hands and walk out. I'm heading towards Xander when someone bump into me, "watch where your going baby girl"

I got shivers but not in a good way, "what's your name? Baby girl"

"I'm sorry but I have to go" with that I just leave him and directly went to Xander.

"Are you done?" I nod and keep quiet. I got a feeling that he is someone I don't want to see again. He's creepy and scary. "Are you okay?" Xander ask, I nod and just look around then my eyes caught a man staring at me and smirking. I drag my eyes away from his and look at Xander instead.

He's really scaring the shit out of me. I try my best to ignore him but I can feel his gaze at the back of my head.

"Anna, will you dance with me?" I smile at him and said 'yes'.

He lead me to the dance floor and dance to the soft music playing in the background. "Did I tell you that you look stunning?"

"Yes you do, earlier when you went and fetch me to your sister's room" he chuckled, "then let me tell you again, you look gorgeous" I blush and look away. "Thank you, you don't look so bad yourself"

"Oh why thank you, now let's talk. I can tell that something is wrong and please tell me what is it" he read my mind, I'm not comfortable by the fact that someone is staring at me. "After going to the restroom, I was walking towards you but I bumped into someone and he's kinda creepy. Right now, I can feel him staring at me"

He look around and look at me, "Is it the man with half black mask?" I nod at him. "Don't worry he will not hurt you"

After we dance, we went and find the others. "How are everyone?"

"We're fine, Can we just go home now? I'm tired!" Adrianna whined.

"Okay, Let's go home" We we're about to go home when someone speak, "Well look who's here..."

Alexander turn around and face him, "Hello Alfonzo, what do you want?"

He is the one who I'm referring as creepy, "Nothing, just saying hi to this lovely lady beside you" Xander grab me and put me behind him.

"Don't touch her!" Alfonzo look at him and chuckle, "Someone is being possessive"

"Just be careful, you know how dangerous our world is" with that he walk away.

"How dare he threaten us?! Is he nuts?!" Adriano yelled. "Apparently, he is but everybody knows that" Adrianna say sarcastically.

"Adrianna, now is not the time for jokes" Xander said.

"What are we gonna do now?" Aaron said.

"For now, I want you to keep an eye on him and his family. I want you to upgrade our security too, that's all. Now let's go home" with that he grab my hand and drag me outside, the others following us from behind.

We separate ways and agree that will just meet at the house.

Who the hell is he? Why do they know him? I have so many questions but I have no answers. I'm afraid to ask Xander but I can't stop it, "who is he?"

Xander look at me and said, "I know you have a lot of questions but all I can say is, he is dangerous. I will answer all your questions but not now, okay?" I just nod and look out the window.

Now, I'm curious. They didn't tell me who they are? What are they? The way they speak is like they are in the mafia. I don't believe in them but now it's just the answer that's on my mind. I see them holding guns, what Alfonzo said earlier and them saying to keep an eye on him and upgrading the security. I'm not in the position to judge or question them but this is scary. At the same time if they are in the mafia, why are they so kind to me?

I was so deep in thought that I never notice that we're here. We go out and immediately go to our rooms to get ready for the night. I walk to my bed and fell asleep.

Finally! Arranging everything at the online classes are hard! Ugghhhh! Why can't just COVID-19 go away?

Anyway, how are y'all doing? You doing great?

Thank you for reading!😘