Chapter 27

Anna's POV
After eating, I wash our dishes then walk to Adrianna's room. I knock on the door before entering. "Finally! I've been waiting for you!"

She pull me towards the bathroom, "Take a bath, make sure you shave and be fast" I just follow her. Adrianna can be strict when it comes to things like this.

I enter the bathroom and do the things she told me to do. After that, she pull me to her vanity and do my hair and make up, then I did hers. I learn from her, how to put on eyeshadow, how to use a hair curler, everything I know I learn from her. Then we both put on our gowns. Mines is a gold lace one, hers is a blue one.
Anna's look

Adrianna's look

Adrianna's look

We both look at ourselves in the mirror, admiring and complementing each other's work

"Let's take a selfie, she pull out her phone and both of us take a selfie. "Send that to me" I tell her afterwards.

I look at the clock and my eyes widen, it's already 7:30 pm and I came up here in 2:00 pm. Time flies by so fast.

"Anna, Adrianna are you ready?" I walk to the door and open it. "Yes, we are" Xander didn't answer so I look at him and see him checking me out. "Earth to Xander!" Adrianna shouted then giggled. "I know she's beautiful and sexy but can we go? I'll just wait in the car, byeee~" then she walk out leaving us alone.

"You look ravishing, wow!" I laugh and walk closer to him. "You too" I kiss his cheeks and pull on his hands. "I swear if it isn't for this stupid ball, I'll have you naked on our bed right now" I blush but continue walking towards the car. "Can you stop? You're always horny! We just did it a while ago"

"It's not my fault that you're beautiful and sexy" then he raise his hands up. I just shake my head and sit inside the car. "Finally! What took you so long" Adrianna dramatically said. "Oh shut up! It's not that long and blame your brother" I said to her.

After that we silently drove to the venue.

When we arrive, someone open the door for us. Xander is the first one to go out then Adrianna then me.

We enter a different entrance than the others and it lead upstairs. I just follow them and as we reach the top, I saw everyone. "Sweetheart, nice to see you!" Mommy pull me into a hug.

"You look stunning, Mia cara" dad greeted. "Thank you!"

As I pull away I heard someone said, "everyone settle down, the Harrington family is here. Let's welcome them"

I turn to look at Xander, "what's happening?"

"They are introducing us, because we held the event, just like what happened to the others. I'll remind you, please stay by my side" I nod.

"We have Mr. Augustine Jay Harrington and his wife Mrs. Katerina May Harrington" then the curtains open and they walk out. "Next, they have their children. Adrianna Niels Harrington, Aaron Troy Harrington, Adriano Jace Harrington" the curtains open then they come out.

"Just smile" thats all he said, "And we have Don Alexander Paul Harrington and his girlfriend, Donna Annalyse Rose Francois" the curtains open and we walk out. There I see a lot of people I don't know. All of them are clapping at us as we walk down the stairs.

"Once again let's clap our hands for the Harrington family" they all clap at us. I don't know but I feel pride, confidence and power surge through me. This is the first time I feel this and I'm very happy.

"Don Alexander, any words?" He take the mic and said, "Thank you for coming and let's enjoy this evening, Cheers!"

"Cheers!" Everyone shouted then he come down and sit beside me. "I'm gonna introduce you to some of my most trusted allies, come on" we go around, meeting a lot of people that some of them I forgot. It's just a lot okay!

We finally sit after an hour of walking around. Then the waiters and waitresses walk out handing us our food. We all eat while talking to each other. After eating, Xander stand up and offer his hand, "Can we dance, amore?" I chuckle and take his hands.

We dance through the night, talking about random things. "Thank you" I said while resting my head on his chest. "For what?" He whispered.

"For everything, you don't know how much you change me. I love you!" I said looking up at him. His eyes soften when he heard what I said. "You change me too, a lot. I want to say thank you and I love you so much!" He kiss my lips passionately.

We pull away after we heard the emcee call our names.

Xander's POV
I put my arms around her waist as we walk towards the stage. Fuck! I'm nervous! I look towards my family who knows what is about to happen.

"Don Alexander, here's the mic" the emcee hand me the mic and walk away.

"Sorry to interrupt but this is important. As all of you know I have a lovely girlfriend, Anna" then I look at her, she look at me confuse. I just smile to assure her everything is fine.

"I love her since the day I met her and I'm here in front of everyone to..." I hand the mic to one of the emcee as he hold it for me.

I kneel down in front of Anna and I heard everyone gasp. "I'm here to propose to you. Ever since the day that my eyes found you on that alleyway, I fall in love with you. You're just too precious for me to let go of you. I love everything about you, your smile, your personality, your eyes. I want you to be mine, forever. Will you marry me, Annalyse Rose Francois?" I pull out the ring from my pocket and open it. She gasp and the tears that she's been holding back, fall down like a waterfall. I waited nervously for her answer then she said...

"I don't...."

Cliffhanger! Yes, I know I'm evil but oh well. I hope you guys have a nice day! Love lots!😘💜