11. 4013 Park Lane Ave

Last day of 2014 people and I wanted to give you this as my last 2014 gift / update :)

Hope you like it
VOTE COMMENT PROMOTE FOLLOW!!!!

xoxo

LOSALINI

•••||||•••

[edited 6 Dec 2015 ]

Life is filled with its endless supply of decisions. Decisions are made every second, every minute somewhere in the world. It's aftermath can affect your future or not affect it at all. It can be a big, life-altering decision or it can be a minute decision that doesn't come back to bite you in the proverbial gluteus maximus.

And even though I regretted it the second I made it, I knew the decision I'd made two minutes after that weird call was the former of the two - that is, a life-altering and big decision. Whether it would alter my life for the better or for the worse, that I didn't know and wasn't sure of.

My decision?

Instead of heading towards the gate for my flight and boarding, I slipped my boarding pass into my purse and headed out of the airport.

I caught a cab and told him the address Mrs Rush had given me.

4013 Park Lane Ave.

The driver looked at me twice as I said it, and smiled widely for no apparent reason. "Yes ma'am," he answered before joining the airport traffic and headed towards my fate.

I knew there was a lot of things wrong with me going to wherever this woman had told me to go. I didn't know her. She could be a drug-lord for all I know or a convicted felon for manslaughter. I didn't know Gregory, aka Sir Jerks-A-Lot that well. I didn't know what Mrs Rush wanted from me.

I should've probably called mom and let her know where I was going, in case my body turned up in a river somewhere with my vital organs missing and probably sold on the black market for all I know. Trust me, I've watched a lot of CSI and Criminal Minds to know that the visiting new girl gets murdered when she comes into a bigger city, or even that most serial killers preferred fiery redheads.

I should probably not even be going to wherever I was going.

Get it together, Alex! Stop with the ridiculous theories!

I tried to calm myself down as the car ride continued, tapping my fingers against the bag that rested on my lap. I was grateful that I had brought along only one suitcase, the carry-on and hadn't checked it in. Or else, I would've had to go through the hassle of getting my bag from the plane. But then again, that could've been my excuse for not going to this possible underground / mafia woman.

I glared at the now offending bag for the rest of the ride as if it was its fault that it was designed to carry everything I needed for this trip thus leading to me not needing another bag.

The driver turned onto Park Lane Ave after twenty minutes into the ride and I stared at the gold-imprinted plaque that then pointed down the street he turned into. And all I could think was, Shit!

Park Lane Ave was rich people territory. That was all I could use to describe it. Condos, town house, mansions on both sides. Well-trimmed and maintained gardens. Swimming pools. Three or four luxury cars per house and an assortment of well-dressed, very attractive people. Marble houses with marble driveways.