24. Blackforest Revelations

Please VOTE COMMENT, PROMOTE, FOLLOW?! :)

xoxo,

Losalini 

•••||||•••

[ edited 7 Dec 2015 ]

I walked in two minutes after Tyler left the bathroom, just as he'd instructed. After of course, calming myself and making up my mind that the rest of today was going to go by smoothly, and with everyone leaving here unharmed.

All three of them were laughing over something Dylan had said and all I could do was hold back the words that threatened to spill. Dylan and Flynn looked up as I entered the room again while Tyler took a drink out of his wine glass.

"You're back," Dylan commented as I sat down again at my seat. He sounded a mixture of relief and surprise.

I nodded once and left it at that, my eyes instantly drifting to the plate in front of me that hadn't been there before I left.

"I took the courtesy of ordering you black-forest cake," Flynn explained.

I looked up at him then down at the china with my favorite dessert on it. Confusion, surprise then anger flooded through me. How did he know I liked black-forest?

As if he sensed my thoughts, he answered, "It's my favorite. I hope it wasn't presumptuous of me to think you would at the very least enjoy it." He smiled widely before taking a bite out of his own piece.

I shook my head slightly, before taking a bite out the culinary magic.

"Great!" He took another bite. "So do you have any siblings, Alex?"

I shook my head. I wasn't up for any small talk right now so I stuffed my mouth with some more dessert.

"None?" He sounded surprised.

I nodded, as another spoonful went into my already full mouth.

"Are you thinking of going to college?"

I shrugged as I swallowed the food in my food then ate another spoonful. The sooner I finished, the sooner I had an excuse to leave.

Flynn Mathers chuckled again as he stopped eating and watched me, amused. "It's like communicating with a brick, isn't it?"

Dylan joined in as he played around with his wine glass. "That's what I was telling her on the ride over. She's just so unresponsive."

I glared at the latter.

"And she's so goddamn infuriating."

What was this? The Insult-Alex-Day?

"She looks like a stubborn, young lady, right?"

Dylan nodded. "Stubborn and difficult."

"She's sitting right here!" I snapped when I couldn't take it anymore.

They both burst out laughing.

"Mr Mathers," Tyler cut in before the others could gossip in front of me again. I thanked him silently.

"Call me Flynn, son."

"Mr Mathers seems appropriate," Tyler disagreed, smiling. "Do you have any children?"

What was he doing?

The joy in Flynn's eyes disappeared. No one said a word for a minute or so.