26. The Lies That Make Us

1000 VOTES!!!!!!! ON RUSHED?????

ARGHHHHH!!!
THANKS! I THOUGHT I WOULDN'T EVEN GET PAST 200 VOTES, SOOO THANKKKK YOUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Hope you at least like it! Hopefully :)

Please VOTE COMMENT PROMOTE FOLLOW?!?

A REVEAL TO DYLAN'S FEELINGS, MAYBE :)

XOXO,
LOSALINI

P. S : arghhh! Still can't get over 1K votes for this book! Thanks again! And again... And again... :D

•••||||•••

[ edited 8 Dec 2015 ]

Would you believe me if I said that despite my murderous thoughts towards Dylan Rush and trying to overcome the dilemma of which of his sports car best suited as a murder weapon, my heart still skipped a beat when he said those words? Would you believe me that for a moment, a slight nano of a moment I felt like I was the girl he was bringing home to meet his family? And would you believe me if I said that even tough I glared at the jerk-faced liar, I still couldn't help but admire his jawline and the way his hair was impeccably swept up in a messy way?

Or maybe you would believe that this was just a side effect of that little heart to heart moment in the mall where he confessed something he considered embarrassing?

Yes! The last one was the most plausible reasoning.

"Alex," Mrs Rush smiled as she looked at me. "Nice to see you again. I apologize for the mishap in our last get-together."

The get-together that had me running out of here?

I shook my head. "No, I should apologize. I shouldn't have left the way I do. It was totally rude and disrespectful. I should have explained properly."

"It's actually my fault, mom." Dylan intervened as he wrapped his arms around my shoulders and pulled me tightly against him. "I asked Alex to not tell anyone about us. She must have totally freaked out by the meeting."

I could tell Mrs Rush believed him when she nodded and then looked at me with glee. "Oh, darling. It's okay. Now, come in. The whole family's here for lunch." She turned and walked in, expecting us to follow.

Dylan started to do so whilst I stood there unsure of what to do. When noticing I wasnt close behind him, Dylan turned around and arched his brow. "Come in! You don't want to be rude, now do you?"

I glared at him as anger steamed from my very being. If I was one thing, it would be respectful to my elders, even if they contributed to the existence of this asshole. It didn't matter that they were his family, I couldn't disrespect them again after what happened last time, especially to Mrs Laurent, who had always been nice to me.

"Lead the way, asshole," I gritted through my teeth as I nodded at him to enter the house.

As soon as we entered the living room, I regretted ever thinking of respecting anyone.