14. Stalkerish Theories

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

[ edited 6 Dec 2015 ]

I'm utterly, wholeheartedly positive that if I had ever had a past life, I'd done something pretty bad, like cause World War 1 or something.

These situations I had experienced since I arrived in this city were so unorthodox and dramatic that I felt like I was living in a modern day soap opera. I mean, come on out of the millions of people living in this city I was meeting these people too many times, and surprise! They were bloody related.

Mrs Laurent, Sir Jerks-A-Lot, Tyler and Lucas! All related! What are the chances of that happening right?

"You're the lead?" I shouted, shocked as I stared at him, wide eyed.

He smirked as if he enjoyed my surprised look. Then he nodded. "And you just happened to be here for head shots?" He arched a brow as if something was not adding up and he was suspicious of something.

"Yes," I nodded, regretting my decision instantly.

"Making you in the final three?" This time he took one step forward towards me.

I nodded again. I needed to find Janice or Dave, whichever one I found first and tell them I'm done.

Sir Jerks-A-Lot cleared his throat before asking, "And you just happened to be the girl that ran into me at the airport?" He took another step forward.

I nodded again. "What are you, a detective? Am I being interrogated right now?"

"Depends on your answer to my next question," he smirked before taking another step forward.

Only three feet separated us.

"And that is?" I asked, looking straight into those crystal blue eyes. I needed to find those two ASAP and leave this precarious situation.

"Is your phone even really broken?" He closed in another step.

"What? Of course it is!" I exclaimed. What was he getting at? "Why wouldn't it be?

He took another step forward. One foot between us.

I could feel the wave of body heat he exuded and his... cologne. A heavenly minty scent mixed with aftershave that oddly combined gave off a calming and rich scent.

"There just seems to be too many coincidences happening involving you and me for me to call a coincidence, don't you think?" He smiled as if he had caught a child with their hand in the cookie jar. Me, being the child and the cookie jar, I had yet to find out.

"You call it coincidence, I call it fate screwing with us," I answered as my eyes darted to the still closed door. When the hell was Dave coming back?

He chuckled. "This is what the authorities would label... stalking, Alex," he closed the last step between us. Now we were so close that I could see the small specs of grey in his eyes, and the dimple on his right cheek.

"Stalking?!" I take a step back. "Wait, do you actually believe that I'm stalking you? You?!" I glared at him.

He nodded, putting on a cocky smirk. "Of course. How many handsome heartthrobs do you know Alex?"

"You need to do something about that ego of you before you get punched for it."

He chuckled as if what I said was amusing. "You know, from the way you're acting, I actually think you don't know who I am. No one who knows who I am will be acting like this."