15. Crushed

VOTE, COMMENT, PROMOTE, OR FOLLOW PLEASE!

30+ VOTES FOR NEXT UPDATE ,

xoxo,

Losalini <3

•••||||•••

[ edited 6 Dec 2015 ]

You know that moment when you play a game, any game, and you're so invested in it that you lose all reason and you know that you need to win at any cost. But despite your determinations you know when you start to lose, you know you can't help but lose.

First there's the morbid denial, then there's fear, followed by anger and a rush of adrenaline as you try everything in your power to change the destined path. Finally, there's acceptance. The last and final nail to the proverbial coffin that is a game.

The game was the role of playing Sir Jerks-A-Lot's female lead. The prize? Me not being Sir Jerks-A-Lot's female lead. The probability of that happening 2% to the probability of losing, 98%.

The denial came as I'd stared at the director, then as I made my way back to Marie's and as I made my way to my room without saying anything to her.

The fear emerged as I sat on the single cotton covered bed eating a bowl of instant noodles and drinking Dr Pepper. What if I can't come up with the hundred thousand? Will they really make me act with Sir Jerks-A-Lot?

Anger followed soon after as I lay on the bed, unable to sleep. That idiot! How dare he! Why did it have to be him? Why was he the make lead? If it was anyone else, preferably looking like Dave Franco, then I wouldn't be stuck in this mess?

The adrenaline kept me up all night as I went over all the ways I could get out of this situation.

Beg the director to excuse me, and let me pay back the hundred thousand in installments. Raise a hundred thousand in the few days I had left by selling everything I owned. Ask mom and dad for the hundred thousand, which they would likely be getting out of my college fund. Or ask Mr Rich Pants aka Sir Jerks-A-Lot aka Gregory for a hundred thousand in exchange for me staying out of his way and not having to see my face for the rest of his putrid life. Or just maybe I could just walk out onto the nearest highway and slip away in death.

The possibilities were endless. But they all came to the same sad conclusion: None of them were going to happen.

Acceptance hit me as the clock neared five in the morning.

I was going to be a lead in a movie and will be acting next to Sir Jerks-A-Lot, the jerk that damaged my phone and landed me in this mess in the first place. I mean, if the jerk hadn't run into me in the first place I could've experienced a far more friendlier trip. I knew for a fact that running into him was a bad omen of sorts. 

If he hadn't run into me then I wouldn't have felt the need to run after him and demand replacement. If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have ended up with his phone and wouldn't have gone to his family home. 

Then, I wouldn't have had the urge to say yes to the offer of coming in for head-shots.

That jerk was a walking, sexy disaster train, waiting to just derail my normal, calm life.

And I will be working with him for the next six or seven months according to the director.

Sleep took hold of me as I silently cursed Gregory.