𝘰𝘯𝘦 ~ 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯

I pull up into gas station to fuel up my campervan for the last few miles of my journey. Well, today's journey anyway.

Ever since I left my safe, comfortable home in Miami, Florida, every day has been a journey, an adventure, a challenge.

But that doesn't mean I'd go back and change anything that has happened to me in the past few months. Sure, that time I got a flat tire in the middle of a desert in Texas and that other time when I ran out of gas in the middle of an interstate hadn't been greatbut I've pulled through and I'm still standing, and so's my van.

"That's 20 dollars." The lady at the till informs me once I've fuelled up my van.

I dig the money out of my purse and hand it to her.

"Anything else you want?" She asks.

"No, that's it. Thanks." I smile at her, "Bye now."

"Safe travels." She responds with a smile.

My smile falters as I step out into the sunshine; my mom said the exact same thing to me before I left.

Shaking my head, I stick my hat back on my head and climb into my van. There's nothing I can do about the past, only the present, and a little of the future.

I turn the key in the ignition, and Bessie, my campervan, starts up straight away, probably as eager as I am to get to our destination.

Windows down, the sun on my face, music blaring 'First Time' by Kygo and Ellie Goulding, and me singing at the top of my lungs, I feel complete.

"We were lovers for the first time
Running all the red lights
The middle finger was our peace sign, yeah
We were sipping on emotions
Smoking and inhaling every moment
It was reckless and we owned it, yeah, yeah

"We were high and we were sober
We were under, we were over
We were young and now I'm older
But I'd do it all again..."

Fact of life: you can always rely on music by Kygo to get you in a good mood.

Now, I have one hand on the wheel, the other hand is hanging out my window, soaking up the sun.

Less than an hour later, I arrive and park up in a parking lot right next to the beach—it's one of those parking lots that you're allowed to camp in. And, handily, it also has a set of public toilets and a drinking water tap.

Rapidly, I ditch my hat, change into my bikini and run down to the edge of the sea.

The sun's setting, the sky's turning golden, and I can't help but think that this would make a great picture.

But taking pictures and posing just ruins moments, so I push the thought out of my mind and walk into the ocean, waves lapping eagerly at my heels.

The surf's calm, almost non-existent. I guess I'll have to wait a couple of days before I'll be able to get out on my board—surfboard that is.

I take a deep breath and dive down into the waters, the salt water instantly refreshing me after my long drive.

This has been my destination for a long while, and now I'm finally here it feels like paradise.

The water's crystal clear and the sand is soft beneath my feet.

I float on my back, staring up at the sky that's now fading to dark blue in the centre, and spreads out to a lighter blue, and then to an amber colour at the sunset.

When the sun finally sinks below the horizon, and the water seems to get colder, I get out of the sea. I grab a light blue wrap-around out of my van and walk along the beach until I come across a cute beach hut café/coffee shop, called Oasis Moon—interesting name.