𝘧𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 ~ 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳

I wake up hungry.

So, the first thing I do is scramble out of bed to grab an apple; remembering that I didn't eat very much yesterday except that sandwich and that bag of chips...

Biting into the apple, I slide into the driver's seat, turning my phone back on again.

It fills me with a weird sense of relief to see that there aren't any new notifications. It's weird because, what feels like a lifetime ago, when I had my old phone, it would have filled me with anxiety to see that there were no new notifications.

Weird. But in a good way; it means I'm no longer dependent on what other people are thinking, saying or doing.

Continuing to eat the apple, I look up at the sea, where the waves are non-existent again. That's kinda karma, I guess. The waves were great yesterday when I was planning on leaving, and now they're anything but great.

"Hey Skye!" A voice says, knocking on the side of my van, making me jump out of my skin.

"Yeah, one sec!" I yell back, clambering towards the side door, and lifting it open.

"Morning, gorgeous." It's Ed, and he loops his arms around my waist, lifting me out of my van and into the sunshine.

"Ed!" I squeal, "I'm barely wearing anything!"

My pj's consist of a long t-shirt that just about covers my butt, ending at the top of my thighs, and—and, yeah, that's it.

"You look hot, trust me." He kisses my cheek, before gently seating me down on one of my woven-wooden chairs that he must've grabbed before grabbing me.

"What are we doing today?" I question, finishing off my apple as he seats himself next to me—both of us looking out across the ocean, hands linked together.

"Well, since there are no waves," He squeezes my hand, "Would you like to try some stand-up paddleboarding?"

"Really?" I scrunch my nose up, "I don't think I'll be any good—"

"C'mon Skye, it's easier than surfing." He persists, "I'll teach you how to do it. And then I was thinking we could catch up with Cole and Jessica at the sandwich bar later."

"I'm so happy that Cole and Jessica managed to make up." I tell him, "You know I helped with that?"

"Yeah, I know you did, babe." He smiles, and his eyes skim up and down my body, "But I'm even happier that we managed to make up."

"Oh yeah?" I smirk, getting to my feet and standing in between Ed's legs, kneeling on the part of the chair that's in front of his crotch.

"Yeah." Ed's hands pull my body closer to his, his head tilting up to kiss my lips.

"I've not even brushed my teeth yet." I giggle.

"Does it look like I give a damn?" He counters, before kissing me passionately.

"Is this you trying to convince me to go paddleboarding with you?" I question, giggling again.

"Maybe." His hands teasingly toying with the hem of my t-shirt.

"Fine, I'll go." I bite my lip, standing up and backing away from him.

"That was easier than I'd hoped." Ed stands as well, sticks his bottom lip out the way a sulking child would.

"I know, I just want to save that teasing for later." I wink, before wrapping my arms around him in an embrace, "But it doesn't mean I love you any less."

"It doesn't mean I love you any less either." He echoes sincerely, hugging me back, whispering in my ear, "And I love you so much."

My heart warms at that, feeling a wonderful sense of euphoria.