𝘧𝘪𝘷𝘦 ~ 𝘐 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥

After riding waves for the entire afternoon, I head in to shore and back to Bessie. I lay my board on the sand in front of my van, thankful that I can still ride it.

Stripping off my wetsuit, leaving me in my bikini, I set up the outside shower. It consists of a bag of water that has been heated by the sun, using solar energy, and a small shower head.

I stand under it and wash the salt and sand out of my hair and off my body. I use my favourite shampoo and conditioner, by Aussie—it's expensive, but I love how it smells, and it gives me gorgeous beach waves in my hair as well: win-win situation, really.

Reiley and the others are still out there, catching a few more waves as the swell dies down.

As I'm finishing my shower, I see Reiley on the beach, getting out of his wetsuit. I watch intently to see him peel it off his torso and reveal godly abs...but he's wearing a rash vest underneath his wetsuit. Wrapping a towel around his waist, he peels his wetsuit off his legs and pulls up a pair of boardshorts.

I blush at myself and turn away from him. The water's running out now, the bag slowly emptying, so I finish up my shower pretty quick, washing the rest of the soap suds off my body.

Jumping inside my van, and drawing the curtains shut, I rapidly change out of my bikini and into a lilac tee and soft, cotton shorts. I drag a hairbrush through my wet hair and throw it up in a messy bun for now, keeping it out of the way.

Next, I stick the kettle on to boil and set out two mugs. Anticipation begins to bubble inside of me, and I find myself arranging and rearranging the cushions on my bed.

Other than the driver and passenger seats, I have two woven-wooden chairs that I alternate between outside my van and inside, at the foldaway table. I couldn't decide whether Reiley would want to sit in or out.

I'll give him the option; I nod to myself.

"Why am I stressing out so much, Bessie?" I ask wonderingly.

"Skye?" Reiley knocked on the glass of one of the side windows.

"Hi!" I open the side door.

"Hey." He pushes his hair away from his face, a grin on his face, "You enjoy the surf today?"

"Ugh, I loved it!" I exclaim and feel all the anxiety melt away; everything just seems so easy when I'm with him.

I'm about to ask him whether he wants to sit in or out before he steps in.

"Nice place." He appreciates, looking around him.

"Thanks." I smile, turning back to the stove, and grabbing the coffee, sugar out of a cupboard and almond milk out of my minifridge, "It took me a while to do Bessie up. But it was fun, you know?"

"Bessie?" Reiley echoes, "You named your van?"

"Yeah," I shrug a shoulder, not looking at him, "I'm sorry but I only have almond milk...you could have black coffee?"

"No, that's fine." He steps next to me, "I actually like the taste of almond milk."

"Really?" I raise an eyebrow; "Not many people do."

"Yeah, well, Sophie is also lactose intolerant, so I'm used to the taste of it." He explains, leaning on my kitchen worktop, face close to my shoulder.

Either him and Sophie hang out a hell of a lot, or they're dating, I deduce quickly.

I nod, "One or two sugars?"

"One and a half." He grins, and winks at me when I throw a dirty look his way.

I dump two sugar cubes in his coffee cup.