𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 ~ 𝘴𝘩𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘣𝘶𝘨𝘴

I wake up late, clearly exhausted from yesterday morning's dawn patrol and from meeting Ed's dad. The whole situation at Ed's house rushes back, and I groan loudly.

I screwed up, but I don't know what else I could've done to improve what he already thought about me.

Maybe the fact that I'm just holidaying in California is what he doesn't like.

Or maybe it's just you, a cruel voice mocks in the back of my head.

Whatever, I quickly fire back, but the thought doesn't vacate my mind for quite a while.

Slowly, I drag myself out of bed, pull on a new set of clothes, and grab a coffee in a flask to go. I could go to the Oasis to get a coffee to go, but for some reason, I feel like I need to give Ed a bit of space.

I don't know why; it's not like we fell out yesterday or anything, I just want to give him some time to think about some stuff.

Like whether our relationship is realistic considering I won't be in California for much longer.

Sipping my coffee in the sunshine, I walk into the nearest town, heading to the library where I emailed my mom a few days ago.

This time, I compose an email to Savannah,

Hey, Savannah.

Hope you're well, and that you're finding college okay.

I know that it's called the Golden State for a reason, but California is truly beautiful. You should come out here one day, maybe we'll come back together.

I'm in a library, so if you can, email back ASAP.

Love,

Skye x

When it comes to messaging Savannah, it's better to leave the messages short, otherwise she never reads all of them. Her email literally whizzes into my inbox.

Hey Skye!!!

I miss you so much, please come home soon! Mom and Dad are driving me CRAZY. I love living at home and going to college by day, but PLEASE! I need you, big sis!

Also, that article in People is pretty cool, right? I knew you'd be a star!

Talk later, I gotta go.

Savvy xo

My eyes widen—what article?!

WHAT ARTICLE?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!

SAVANNAH CYNTHIA JAMESON DON'T YOU DARE DROP THAT BOMBSHELL ON ME AND LEAVE!

My attempts were futile; Savvy obviously has something important to do because she's never without her phone if she can't help it.

I glance at my watch and work out that it would be quite early morning in Miami. My baby sis probably just went back to sleep.

Biting my lip, I walk out of the library, after logging off the computer.

People is a tabloid magazine, notorious for celebrity gossip that, most of the time, isn't true at all. So, what did Savannah mean by saying that she always knew I would be a 'star'?

Oh shit. No, no way.

This can't be happening. Can it?

"Skye!" It's Cole, and this is the second time that I've bumped into him outside the library...I wonder if Jessica and Maddy live around here.