𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 ~ 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

After spending the rest of the day on the beach reading, I wait in the Oasis Moon café and sip my black coffee as slowly as possible. I didn't have the guts to ask the brunette barista from earlier for almond milk...it just felt a little pushy.

So, I sit and sip my black coffee, trying not to mind the bitter taste in my mouth. My watch reads half-past five—he's half an hour late for his shift.

I grab a third pack of sugar and tip it into my coffee, trying to sweeten it some more.

It's weird to think that there was a time in which I would've avoided all sugar and anything overly calorific at all costs...and exercised in all my free time...

I blink, shaking my head at my younger self. That was not a good time for me.

"I'm so sorry I'm late!" A voice exclaims after running into the café, and my head snaps up so quickly I'm semi-surprised that something doesn't break, it's Reiley.

"You are 38 minutes and 45 seconds late!" The brunette shrills unnecessarily loudly, "You don't get to pull stunts like that."

"I know, I know. But I—" Reiley notices me and his eyes lock intensely onto mine—sending a shiver of heat through me, "Something came up. Something important."

"Don't do it again." The brunette throws her apron in his face, which he expertly catches whilst still looking at me.

"I won't." He promises, finally snapping his eyes away from me.

I breathe. I just need to keep doing that—breathing; breathing is good, essential, even when his godliness Reiley is around. Keep breathing, Skye.

Where have you been all day?! I want to scream at him. But somehow, I manage to keep my cool and continue sipping my black coffee.

"You want some almond milk in that?" Reiley asks as soon as the brunette is gone, tying the apron around his waist.

I keep my eyes locked on the horizon of the ocean, staring out the window, "That's okay, wouldn't want to impose."

"C'mon Skye." He steps in front of me, blocking my view of the sea, "What's up?"

"Nothing." I blink innocently, "I'm just having a coffee."

"There's definitely something up." He says pointedly, before he has to run off and pour some coffee.

I blow on my coffee, partly to cool it down, partly to cool me down.

I'm getting way too wound up and stressed over a guy I just met. Someone better find me the chill pills; I'm gonna need all of them.

Two sips later, and Reiley's back in front of me.

"Seriously, Skye – what's up?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"How old are you?" I blurt out unexpectedly.

"I had my 22nd birthday the other month... How old are you, Skye Jameson?" He inquires.

I'm beginning to wish I never told him my full name, especially since I don't know his full name...just 'Reiley'.

"Also 22." I nod, looking down and trying not to be overenthusiastic at the fact we're the same age.

"Hey, um." Reiley begins, and I glance up at him—a glance that holds, "I'm sorry about on the beach earlier...I really did have to go."

I press my lips together firmly, "Where did you have to go?"

"I'd rather not talk about it." He speaks to the tabletop.

"Why not?" I demand, sounding like a total biatch.

"It was...personal." He falters.

Sipping some more of my coffee, I steal a peek at him – he looks sad...lost...lonely. Like he's drifting away from me.