Chapter 6: Pull Me Close

Ashley felt like she was swimming on top of a silver cloud gliding in the ocean blue sky. Her body was as sturdy as jelly. She had no idea where she was but she didn't even care. This was the most marvellous sleep she had ever gotten. She could feel the slight warmth radiate through the heavy sheets and it hugged her body into a cocoon. Ashley smelled the faint aroma of sandalwood and a darker spice. She couldn't place her finger on, but she definitely recognized it. Her silent mind began to race, and the deep sleep she cherished was impossible to achieve again.

"You're awake," a deep voice hauled her out of her hazy dream.

Ashley winced when she forcefully tried to get up. Her head whirled as black blotches flashed in front of her vision. "Where am I?" she managed to ask.

"My bedroom," his deep voice chilled her body.

Her eyes snapped open, but she winced by the bright white light from the massive window.

"You knocked out yesterday," Isaiah said.

"I did?" she astonished.

"You don't remember?" he asked. "You only drank one glass of beer."

She shook her head because she didn't remember a single detail from last night. She got up from the mattress and found Isaiah on the seat in front of her. He was drying his wet hair with a towel; his hair hung low around his muscular shoulders. But then, her eyes widened as a gasp escaped her lips from what she saw next. He was shirtless! she inwardly screamed. She got a full glimpse of his toned body and those sinful tattoos that inked every chiselled contour of his physique. His iron gaze turned towards her blushed expression. His lip lifted slightly and it made her heart drum even faster. Damn, why did this man have to be so handsome? she wondered.

Ashley carefully slid her legs from under the sheets and noticed she had no shoes on. She knew that her sluggish arms weren't going to be of any help getting her off the bed. Her heart still hammered against her chest with the shock from earlier. Shyly, Ashley graphed the massive room, that was basking in all the sunlight from the large windows across from the small lounging area. The tones in the room were deep mahogany, dark oaks and black, which didn't surprise her at all considering Isaiah's style.

"I got you some clothes from your penthouse," said Isaiah.

Ashley titled her head. "Oh, thanks," she said, "but why?"

Isaiah got up from the seat and came to her. He smelt of fresh body wash that made her melt from the heat. He sat on the mattress next to her, his hair falling around him and his eyes looked rakishly charming. "I didn't think you'd want to go on a date wearing the same clothes from yesterday," he revealed.

Ashley's heart sank. "A date," she mumbled, "with you?"

Isaiah leaned in closing the space between them. "Who else?"

Ashley lips lifted into a smile. "Can I use the shower?" she asked. He simply nodded and she took off to the shower with a jump in her step.

The bathroom was still warm from Isaiah's shower, and that it still smelt of his body-wash. She closed the door and leaned on the marble sink. Through the large mirror, she assessed her embarrassing state. Her hair was wildly tousled and her shirt was twisted to the side. She stripped out of her clothes, and in her underwear, she brushed her teeth brazenly using Isaiah's toothbrush. She slid the shower glass door wide open and stepped inside. The hot water cascaded down her body rinsing off the suds of the body-wash Isaiah used too; she found the spicy dark scent to be quite appealing from her usual taste. After she had quickly cleaned off yesterday's hangover, she wrapped a fluffy white towel around her.