Chapter 10: Alpha's Pride

The sun beamed through Isaiah's closed eyes when a sudden rush of panic hit him. His wolf was awake without Isaiah's counsel to keep him under control.

Isaiah's eyes snapped open and he saw Ashley who was soundly asleep next to him, it was then, did he realize that his wolf made no attempt to take advantage of Isaiah when his guard was down. His wolf simply stayed in the back of Isaiah's conscious with a strict scowl, but there was no howling or raking for escape. The thirst for blood had died leaving Isaiah bewildered over how this was even possible. But only one thing made sense, he knew that it was Ashley that his wolf's attention had turned towards. His wolf watched over her while she slept.

Isaiah hadn't planned to mate with her until her injuries had healed but she had convinced him. Laid out beside him, the sun caressed Ashley's golden hair that gleamed under the warm light. Isaiah brushed his fingers along the soft curve of her cheek that had a blushed-rose tint to them, her long lashed created a shadow under her eyes. An undeniably pull was what she had on him. He had no power over her. His mate held him at the palm of her hand and now his wolf was on her side too.

"If you keep staring at me, I'm going to get embarrassed," Ashley's voice broke the morning silence. "And then it'll be harder for me to compose myself."

Isaiah smiled while her eyes were still closed. "I'm not staring," he lied.

"Please, I can feel those beautiful eyes even from a mile away," she sighed.

Isaiah never thought his eyes were anything special. Cold, distant, brutal and deadly were what people whispered about him and they weren't wrong. But Ashley called him warm, protective and a softie with a smile on her face. She looked inside of him so easily. The part of him he thought was ripped out years ago started beating only for her. Ashley proved to him that he did have a heart and apparently it was on his sleeve.

"We should get all of your things from the Plaza hotel," Isaiah said. "I want you moved into this house by the end of the day."

Ashley's eyes opened; the brilliant ocean blue glittered like the waves that rushed over rocky shores. They were sharp but kind like the warmth of flames. "It'll take more than a day, Isaiah," she affirmed.

Isaiah frowned. "Why?" he asked. "You only have to get your clothes."

She raised a brow. "You've seen my closet, Isaiah," she remarked. "I'm going to need bigger closet space here."

Isaiah remembered the day he went to her penthouse to get her fresh clothes. He had taken her key-card and went as her husband if anyone was brave enough to ask him his purpose, which no one had. He had arrived at the top tier penthouse, that had flawless architecture and design. But when he had entered her closet, he had felt lost in the sheer size of the collection. The closet had answered why she changed her clothes multiple times a day. Isaiah had found rows of dresses, jackets, blouses, and then her jewelry collection had been placed in glass drawers. Isaiah had to pick a pair of jeans and shirt before he got a migraine.

"I remember clearly," he told her. "I'll get Lazarus-"

"Lazarus is already busy with things concerning the pack and you," she said, "I don't want to put this on him when I can easily handle it." Ashley turned to the other end and lifted her back off the bed. Her wavy blonde hair followed her and spilled down her back. "If we want to get everything done by today, we should get a head start on our day," she added chirpily.

Isaiah knew the day was going to be long, but he was eager to begin it with Ashley. She got up from the bed, her backside completely bare for him to see. Isaiah noticed her slightly turn to face him revealing the delicate curve of her breast and hips, which enticed him. Isaiah found her eyes watching him with amusement.