Chapter 8: Unexpected but Cozy

Ashley was finally discharged from the hospital after long tests in the terribly hospital gown, which she despised. She was finally able to rip it off her body and forget all about it. Although, the wound on her shoulder and neck still hurt, she was feeling a lot more stable on her feet. Isaiah and Lazarus were in the car with her as they drove to the Plaza hotel. More than the wounds, Ashley was upset about the dress that was ruined in the crossfire. She tried her best to clean off the blood that seeped into the velvet material, but when she rinsed off the suds, she had a gaping hole through the dress where she had vigorously rubbed together. The first thing Isaiah had gifted her was ruined, it was maddening to the point that she wanted to go kill all those thugs herself.

They arrived at the penthouse.

She opened the door and the guys followed her inside. "Do you guys want anything to drink?" she asked them.

"No, it's fine," Isaiah said, as Ashley sat down on the couch. "What are you doing?"

She looked up befuddled. "Sitting."

"Get your stuff," he told her.

Ashley tilted her head. "Why?"

"You're coming to live with us," answered Isaiah.

Ashley bit back her smile. "You're serious?"

Isaiah nodded. "Just get enough clothes for a couple of days," he said. "We'll come back for the rest when your injuries heal."

Ashley winced when she hastily made an attempt to move.

"Be careful," schooled Lazarus.

"Yeah, I got too excited." Ashley dashed to her closet upstairs and packed a bag as quickly as she could. Extra clothes, underwear and her necessities stuffed into two bags. From the top of the stairs, she tossed the first bag, which Lazarus caught swiftly. Isaiah climbed the stairs to help her with the suitcase.

Just as she locked up the penthouse and when to the elevators, she couldn't help but smile. "I think I should carry them," she said. Lazarus and Isaiah didn't budge, but Ashley couldn't hold back her laughter any longer. In the elevator, Ashley laughed until her eyes watered. "You two look adorable carrying pink suitcases."

"We're only adorable in your eyes," muttered Lazarus.

Ashley clearly understood what he was indicating towards. Whether it was on the streets or even in the hotel, Isaiah and Lazarus got all the attention because of their intimidating build, tattoos and those piercing glares. Ashley shrugged off all the eyes on them like the brothers had managed to do.

They returned to the car and her luggage was put in the trunk. Isaiah and Lazarus sat in the seats at the front. As the car glided through the streets, Ashley observed their profiles wondering how she got caught up in this family. They were a group of male wolves who had no idea how to lead a normal life like she had all these years. But despite their upbringing, she was comfortable around them. They showed her kindness even though she was a lone wolf belonging to no pack. Isaiah had never once made her feel that she wasn't in their circle.

Ashley marvelled over how it was possible to have met her mate, it felt impossible and always unattainable for her. Yet, she sat in the car thinking that Isaiah wasn't just someone she could see her whole life with, but it was like she found a piece of herself that made this bond inevitable.

After the swift drive, the car pulled up on the pack's territory. She absolutely adored the manor that rested in front of a round drive way, and right behind the manor were acres and acres of land. A tall fence surrounded the property cutting off all civilization from them, which allowed the pack to roam freely in their wolf forms.