Chapter 15: Blazing Inferno

"It was a beautiful ceremony," Ashley said as they reached their room. "Thank god the storm didn't hit us tonight or I don't know what we would have done-" Ashley walked over to turn the lights on in the room- "I may have been nervous in the beginning but once the ceremony started I was doing fine. Although, I think the champagne helped me a lot with that-"

Isaiah locked the door behind him. Ashley walked everywhere in the room, except to the spot where he was standing. A small smile crept up his lips because he gathered that Ashley was definitely nervous, that's why she was too busy chatting away about the weather or the food during the dinner. Their wedding was abrupt and quick, but that's how Isaiah and Ashley wanted it to be. They didn't feel the need to drag it out for weeks or months. They arranged a small lunar ceremony on the property with close friends and the entire pack. Isaiah wasn't a romantic, but even he admitted that this night truly was magical. When he stood with Zeiden, Ronin and Adrik at the altar, his gaze froze on Ashley who was dressed to perfection in a beautiful white dress. His eyes feasted off her gorgeous face and her radiant smile, that made his heart skip a beat.

Isaiah had seen a lot during his time, but he had never quite seen anything like Ashley. She stood proudly next to his brother, who had walked her down the aisle to Isaiah. He couldn't have picked anyone better than Lazarus, since he was the one that convinced Isaiah to be with Ashley.

"The Centauri pack were truly a sight to behold when they stand together," said Ashley as she pulled the remaining clips from her hair. "No one could take their eyes off them. I was surprised that all of them could make it in such a short time, especial Gabriel. He seems like a gentleman despite all the gossip."

"Gabriel and his pack aren't like everyone else," believed Isaiah because he had met each and every one of them.

Ashley took her diamond earrings off next and placed them on the table next to the bed. "They all seemed a bit tense though," she said. "I wonder what that was all about?"

"They're always a bit on edge," said Isaiah.

"Well, everyone had fun. So, I guess that's all that matters in the end," she clapped her hands together.

Isaiah sauntered around the bed and stood right in front of Ashley. "You're nervous," he bemused.

Ashley took a deep breath. "No, I'm not," she said which wasn't very persuasive. He closed the space between them. "Er- I..." she lost track of her words as he approached.

"Tell me," he whispered as his arm circled around her waist. "You, what?"

Ashley's flustered eyes dropped from his eyes and landed on his lips. She couldn't put it in words, but Isaiah could always trust her body to tell him the truth, that was inside of her heart. Isaiah towered over her, his hand surrounded her nape and he tilted her head back for her to receive his kiss. The slow tantalizing dance of their tongues lulled them into a dream. Isaiah couldn't see or feel anything besides his mate who was aroused, in his arms, and all to himself.

Ashley drew back from his lips, breathless and flushed, she turned away from him. Isaiah's eyes dropped to her bare back, his hand inched closer to her warm ivory skin, the backs of his fingers caressed the soft skin. Isaiah trailed down her spine to the small zipper, that was the only piece of security that held this delicate gown together- apart from the thin straps hooked on her shoulders. He pulled the zipper down without hesitating because he craved her body and soul to be his tonight and forever. Isaiah pushed the straps of her gown off the curve of her delicate shoulders, letting the silk spill onto the floor around her heeled feet. She stood alone in a white negligee looking like a gift for him to unwrap and explore.