Chapter 16: Epilogue

Lazarus wouldn't approve of Mr. and Mrs. Iron taking a stroll through Manhattan so late at night. Hand-in-hand, the couple relished the quiet night after their dinner at a fabulous and very romantic French restaurant. The idea was clearly Ashley's because Isaiah had no idea about that such a restaurant even existed. Winter had come to an end with an exceptional Christmas, and finally the air started to warm everyone outside tonight.

"It's a beautiful night to be out," said Ashley as she laced her arm in Isaiah's. "Maybe we could've had a picnic with Lazarus and the rest of the boys."

"It's still too cold to eat outside," said Isaiah.

Ashley moped. "Fine, when it warms up more, we will have a picnic," she said resolutely. "Christmas was fun, but summer is full of exciting activities too."

Isaiah quietly listened as Ashley chatted away about going to the beach or the amusement park. He wondered how she came up with those ideas to take men like them to places like that. But Ashley didn't see them as intimidating wolves, he was sure that she saw them like they were a bunch of pups. Well, that was to be expected from her. Isaiah circled his arm around her shoulder and pulled her to his side, where he loved how she fit next to him.

"How'd your trip at the Bacardi's go?" asked Isaiah.

"It was good-" she paused for a breath of a moment- "very informative."

"How so?" Isaiah puzzled.

She hid her secretive manner behind a smile. "Oh, it's nothing," she waved her hand. "I also have some exciting news to give everyone," she told him.

Isaiah had been suspicious of Ashley for the past couple of days, because he felt like she kept something from him, and her scent told him she was. Initially, Isaiah thought he was mistaken but lately Ashley's scent had changed and was getting stronger over the days. She had told him that she changed her perfume and body wash, but he didn't buy it. A frown creased his face as he pondered over what the problem could be.

Isaiah's phone buzzed in his pocket disrupting his thoughts. "Hello," he answered as he watched Ashley's distracted expression.

"When will you two be finished talking on the street like a bunch of hoodlums?" A very familiar and grumpy voice spilled through.

Isaiah sighed and handed the phone to his mate to handle, because he knew that his domineering brother was all mush around Ashley.

"Who is it? It is Lazarus?" she asked as she grabbed the phone. "Hello, Lazarus." Ashley's bright laugh filled Isaiah's ears as they crossed the street. "You didn't have to. We were just coming home."

Isaiah turned his head when he felt that he was being watched. A black Mercedes was parked on the side in front of them. Lazarus stood leaning against the car door, his strong arms crossed and the phone against his ear.

"Don't you have anything better to do?" asked Isaiah as he approached his beta and brother.

"No," Lazarus glowered. "Get in the car, you two."

Ashley leaned on her tippy toes and kissed Lazarus's cheek, wiping off some of the frown from his face. "Thank you for coming to get us," she patted his shoulder. "What about everyone else?" They all got in the car together. Isaiah closed the door behind him and Lazarus started the ignition.

"Ronin is taking your car home," said Lazarus. He reversed the Mercedes out of the parked area and navigated onto the street. "And the other two are at home in charge of dinner."

Ashley chuckled. "I'm surprised you let Zeiden cook in your kitchen after yesterday's incident," she said.

Isaiah sighed. "That boy might burn the house down next."