Chapter 12

"Jung Chaewon?" I asked aloud, making Nayeon look at me.

"Be careful with that girl. Don't get her in trouble or anything!" She warned.

I gave her a confused look. "What do you mean? Why shouldn't we? These kids aren't in kindergarten to be able to get past what they do wrong," I reasoned with her.

"You don't get it. Messing with her could get us killed!" She whisper-yelled as she came closer to me and pointed at the note they put under her name. It read. "Connected to Suga."

"Ok she knows the king of mafias. Big deal. I still don't get it though. What if she wants to get in trouble like normal kids do instead of being isolated and treated special?" I asked because it makes sense. She probably doesn't have friends just because kids are scared of hanging out with her! The poor girl.

"What child would want to be in trouble and not treated as if she's gold!?" Nayeon asked, a bit surprised by my answer.

I just shrugged. "I just feel bad for her, ok?"

"Alright but if Suga comes after you because of her I WILL say I told you so," she said while already giving me the "I told you so" look. I just chuckled and continued to look through the rest of the list.

~1 week later.~

It was the very first day of school. The outside of the school was filled with students from little kindergarteners to tall eighth graders. Nayeon and I were in the grade one section and trying to find any kid that was in our class while Namjoon was on the other side of the building. The past week was so boring! It was just Nayeon and I setting up the classroom, going home for some quality time with my amazing friends and family but no Min Yoongi. We called and texted sometimes but we never got the chance to actually meet up and talk. And I for one was dying to see him again. A very clear path was starting to form in the huge crowd and that could only mean one thing. Chaewon is coming.

"Jung C-chaewon!" Nayeon stuttered which made Chaewon and Hoseok turn towards us. Hoseok smiled when he saw me and I smiled back while signalling him to act like he doesn't know me.

Seemed like he understood since he didn't say anything about Yoongi. But before leaving Chaewon with us, he told her something that basically only her, Nayeon and I could hear. "If anything happens tell me, your teachers, or uncle Suga, ok?" Chaewon just nodded and then Hoseok got up, looked at me and said, "I know you'll take care of her well." With that he smiled and then left, again everyone distancing themselves from him.

Eventually the bell rang and we took all the kids inside. Most of the kids were finding their friends and hanging out before the bell but every time Chaewon tried to go near a group they would walk away so she ended up staying beside me the whole time. Even Nayeon was too scared to talk to her! 

Nayeon and I took the children inside and when they were done changing their shoes and unpacking their bags we told them to sit in whatever desk they wanted beside whoever they wanted. Since it was the first day we didn't assign them seats and just let them sit with their friends. Everyone sat down but the desks that used to be beside the one that Chaewon was sitting in, were now in a different spot. Nayeon and I had small little tables in the room. My table was closer to where the students were sitting in the back of the room, to be more specific, right beside where Chaewon was sitting. Nayeon's table was towards the front of the room. 

Most of the kids were chatting with their friends that were in the class. All except Chaewon. She had a blank notebook on her desk and was drawing. She looked so lonely, it kinda reminded me of myself in a way. 

"Chaewon? Are you ok?" I asked her in a whisper so no one else would hear. 

She turned to look at me with the slightest smile. "Yeah, I'm fine." she whispered back before turning back to her book. She definitely wasn't fine. 

"Would you like me to talk to Yoongi? Maybe you could tell him what's bothering you," I offered and she looked at me shocked.

"How do you know uncle Yoongi's real name?!" She asked me in a rushed whisper while looking at me with wide eyes and a shocked expression on her small face. But then she didn't let me answer. "Are you... Y/N? Is Ms. Kim, Y/N?"

Now it was my turn to be shocked. "He told you about me?" I asked her and she nodded. 

"He and I tell each other everything! Well, mostly everything. But yeah, he wouldn't stop talking about you. He really really really likes you!" she said all with a smile on her face. She barely smiled until Yoongi came into the conversation; therefore, Yoongi is part of her happiness. 

"Are you allowed to tell me that he likes me?" I asked her with a small chuckle. But before she could answer the announcements came on. 

And after announcements ended, Nayeon and I relocated to the front of the classroom to address the students. We called out each child's name one by one, telling them to introduce and tell a fun fact about themselves. 

One hour and fifteen minutes went by with playing games to let the kids bond and make friends. The thing is though, just like before the first bell rang, Chaewon was alone. She tried to approach a few kids with a smile but they walked away from her so she ended up sitting at her desk and doodling most of the time. The kids went to change their shoes so they could go outside for recess but Chaewon stayed at her desk. 

"Just let her be. It's best for us. Now, I'm gonna get us some coffee," Nayeon whispered to me while taking her handbag and turning to leave the room. 

"You don't know how to drive though," I pointed out and she looked back at me with a smile.

"I'm walking," she said simply and left the room. 

Now it was just me and Chaewon in the room. I pulled a chair from one of the desks and sat in front of her. "What're you drawing?" I asked her while she turned to look at me. 

"Flowers! I really like drawing flowers!" she says with a smile but then closes her book. "Is uncle Yoongi nice to you? I want to know what he's like when he's around the girl he likes!" the little girl asked eagerly. 

"He's really nice so don't worry about that. Why don't you tell me how he is at home?" I asked her since the first time at their house didn't start off so well.

"He's really fun! He reads me stories and plays with me and makes me food and sometimes we even cook together! He's basically my other dad! Don't tell my dad but I like uncle Yoongi better than him," she whispered the last sentence as if it was a secret and giggled happily with a bright smile. 

"Ok I won't tell your dad," I whispered back while returning the smile. 

Chaewon and I chatted and got to know each other, gossiping about Yoongi every now and then, that was until Nayeon came in the room. Nayeon looked at the two of us, clearly confused.

Chaewon leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "Why is Ms. Im looking at us like that?"

I turned to face her and whispered back, "She doesn't know that I hang out with your uncle. And you're not telling her, ok?"

She nodded and we both looked back at Nayeon, both with sheepish grins on our faces. "Ms. Kim definitely isn't uncle Suga's girlfriend!" Chaewon said with an all too bright smile. 

I frowned and slowly turned to face Chaewon and mouthed, "Why?

She looked confused for a second then her eyes went wide. "I wasn't supposed to say that?" she asked, looking genuinely surprised. I can't be mad at her! She's so cute! How could I be mad?!

"So you're dating the... Mafia King?"

To Be Continued...