Chapter One

Eliana's Pov
A ray of sunshine, that's what I was suppose to be. I was that someone that my friends and family looked up to and needed when they felt down at times.

Oh, how hard it was to make the sunshine fade away. Maybe I didn't wanna always be the sunshine.

I was human and I had breakdowns, and maybe being a nurse wasn't the best job for someone confused with their mental health, but I know what I had to be. And sadly I had to keep being his sunshine.

"You know your name literally means ray of sunshine, which means your my sunshine." I fluttered my half sleepy eyes a few times trying to adjust to the small rays of the sun peeking through the curtains.

Feeling his one strong muscular arm wrapped around my waist, his other arm and hand were stroking and messing with my messy sleep hair a bit, his head pressed into the crook of my neck.

"Yeah, Sangwoo I told you that remember, " I whispered choosing my words wisely, He relaxed a grunt and made me face him. I stared into his deep eyes half filled with sleep. I brought my hand out to slowly trace his cheeks, a half-smile making his way across his lips before he gripped my chin slowly.

"You still have a slightly smart mouth, I thought after two years I'd be use to it, guess I still haven't fucked it out of you." I held my breath at his words shocked that I was so used to his roughness.

The Sangwoo I loved happened to be all of him, I hated now he has this complete sweet side of him, and then with that one switcher could be staring at me as if I wasn't his girlfriend. I had only been beaten badly once by him in the flip of his rage and the regret and crying from him shocked me a lot.

I did love Oh Sangwoo but then there was a part of me fearful for my life if I ever tried to break up with him or leave. He could find me. All insane people can.

"I have to get ready for work babe. " I told him noticing he was humming the little tune that was always playing from my phone.

"Lets shower together, I gotta go out early today anyway." He grunted out pushing himself up off the makeshift bed, his bare chest exposed with the tight black boxers briefs.

I also stood up, fixing my tank top and sleep shorts a bit, holding back a yawn I spotted my usual light blue-green scrubs, and my nametag, tugging at my curls a bit feeling Sangwoo kiss my cheek back hugging me.

He was in one of those good moods of his, but I was in love with a deranged serial killer that could snap at any moment in time.

______________________
"Eliana, you have a call on line one?" I was in the mids of my work, running and bouncing off a few energy drinks and granola bars.

I placed the stethoscope back around my neck in confusion looking up at one of my fellow co-workers nurse Eun.

"Right now? Alright, can you finish measuring this patient for Dr.Woo." I asked her politely which she smiled at me nodding.

I carefully brushed passed her walking through the halls heading to the head nurse station, walking behind the counter. I was handed the work phone pressing a few buttons I leaned on the counter holding the phone.

"Hello," I spoke in confusion and tried to focus in on the rough voice of Sangwoo. "Eliana babe? are you home!" He demanded. I squinted a little propping my hip on the back counter desk more.

"What? No of course not I don't get off until 11:00 pm you know that." I commented. It was quite strange for him to call me at work, like a few visits here and there, and even some rude visits from his little admirers.

"God fucking shit, I gotta go." I blinked in confusion at the abrupt manner of him hanging up with no final words, I stared at the phone before shaking my head signing placing the phone back on the hook rubbing at my temple.

Most likely something gone wrong... With that poor girl in the basement in the closet. I shivered at the thought and felt the guilt that always sunk into my stomach and mind.

I knew what was gonna happen to those girls and sometimes I could still hear the screaming they make, the pain, and the only reason that never happened to me was cause I've been dating Sangwoo for so long, but who was to say that won't happen to me next?

I remember when I first learned of his disturbing behavior, I had come home from one of the longest shifts of a lifetime, so I thought I was gonna go home and rest till I heard the loud cries and the grunts of Sangwoo from there I found the secret basement and I found out.

He wasn't who I thought he was I tried to save that girl, of course after I had run out in pure terror, of course, we live in one of the worst areas and no one could have helped me when he snapped but he told me if I ever did leave him, he would kill me.