When Alan made it up to his room on the third floor, he wasn't surprised to see all of his staff members at the end of the hall, huddled just outside the security room talking to George in hushed whispers. They knew they weren't allowed to be in the room with him because it distracted him from his duties. Maggie was even with them.

"I took down the blankets and the dress like he asked," she was saying.

"Did he carry her through the door?" Eva asked curiously.

"Yes," George said. "I saw it right here on the camera."

"How romantic!" Grace cooed.

Kate giggled girlishly. "I want to meet a man who's going to treat me like a queen."

They all laughed at her remark. Even Alan laughed silently. They were so engrossed in their conversation they didn't even notice him slip into his bedroom, which he was grateful for. He loved them all very dearly but he didn't want to be bombarded with questions about Gina's return just yet. He didn't have any answers for them anyway. She seemed less like herself though. It was bothering him. He wanted to talk to her about whatever it was she wasn't saying.

Alan peeled his wet clothes off of his body as he walked into the bathroom and dried himself off with a towel hanging on the rack. The rain was coming down hard. He walked back to his dresser and got some dry clothes out and slipped into them once his skin was dry again. A pair of lounge pants and a t-shirt felt comfortable. At least he would be a little warmer when he rejoined Gina in the living room. He exited his bedroom quietly. The staff "meeting" had dispersed and everything was quiet like it normally was at this time of night. He hurried down the staircase, as quietly as he could, and back into the living room.

Gina was sitting in the exact spot he had left her in, only she was slightly leaned forward, her eyes staring straight ahead. She looked like she was deep in thought. Alan stood as still as a statue for a moment just watching her and wondering what was going on in her head. After several minutes, she still hadn't moved, but he could tell by the slight jerk of her body she had started to cry.

"Gina?" Alan said softly.

Gina's head snapped in his direction. When she saw him standing there, she immediately began wiping the tears from her eyes. She instantly replaced her sad expression with a forced smile.

"Hey, Alan."

"Forgive me for sneaking up on you like this, but I couldn't help myself," Alan told her. "You looked so focused on what was going on inside of your head I didn't want to disturb you." He walked over and sat down on the couch beside her. "So, do you want to talk about what brought on the tears just now?"

She sighed wearily. A part of her had hoped he hadn't witnessed her mini-breakdown. "I don't think so. I'm really tired."

Alan put a comforting hand on her leg and patted lightly. "You don't have to discuss it now or at all if you don't want to. There's no pressure."

"I would like to tell someone. It's just I-I'm afraid of what you might think of me. I don't want you to see me differently."

He scooted as close to her as he could get, without being in her lap, and took her hands into his. There was a concerned expression on his face. "Look at me, Gina. I want you to listen very carefully. There is absolutely nothing you could tell me that would make me think less of you. I love you and nothing is going to change the way I feel."

Tears came to her eyes. "You loving me is what makes it so hard for me to tell you things though. Because I love you too, Alan and your opinion of me means the world."