Giles took his place in front of the cameras reluctantly. He hated it when George drove Alan to town. His place, his passion, was in the kitchen and not behind some desk scoping the place out via security cameras. There was usually minimal activity too. Not that he wanted anyone to rob the place or anything, but maybe a squirrel or two could play in the yard or something. At least it would give him some form of entertainment. He had seen the grounds numerous times. They bored him.

He had only been sitting there a few minutes though when a dark vehicle pulled up. He stared at the screen for several long seconds to make sure he wasn't seeing things. He closed his eyes and opened them again. The vehicle was still there. A man got out and went up to the speaker box. Alan had it built far away purposely so no one could remain in the vehicle when pressing it. There was a camera right there at it so they could see the person's face. Giles's stomach lurched. It was Agent John Harmon.

As if to confirm his identity, his deep voice came over the speaker. "Agent John Harmon to see Mr. Alan Collins, please. How are you today, Mr. Timmons?"

Giles pressed the button on the microphone stationed in front of him to reply. "This is Mr. Giles Hart. Mr. Timmons is currently unavailable."

"Okay, Mr. Hart. Could you open the gate for me?"

"Of course."

Giles pressed the red button on the console and then ran out of the security room. Luckily, Alan was just coming out of his room, dressed and ready to leave when he came out into the hall.

"Alan."

He turned. "Hello, Giles. At your station already?"

"Yes. Um, Agent Harmon is on his way up to see you."

Alan glowered at him. "Again?"

"Yes."

He groaned. "I was hoping Gina and I could just scoot away. Thanks for the warning, Giles. I better get down there."

Alan headed down the stairs. When he got to the bottom, he was greeted by Eva and Grace. They were talking quietly about something. They fell silent when they saw Alan. He smiled and nodded in their direction. They were up to something mischievous no doubt. Their body language suggested they were guilty of something. He walked past them and on to the door. He opened it just as John raised his hand to knock.

John smiled. "Hello, Alan."

"John. What brings you here this morning already?"

"I have big news I wanted to deliver personally. Where's Gina?"

Alan glanced back. "She's probably still getting ready. We were getting ready to go into town to do some shopping."

"I heard about Amy. How is Gina holding up?"

"Better today than she was. She's having a hard time coping with the fact someone died by her hand."

"It was self-defense."

"It doesn't matter. She still holds herself accountable."

"I know how she feels."

Alan laughed. "Don't we all."

John cleared his throat. He wondered what he meant, but he didn't press it. "I would like to tell her this too. Do you mind if I come in? I hate to keep you, but it will be worth your while to hear what I have to say."

"Come on in."

Alan stepped out of the way so John could walk inside. He didn't have to wait long. Kate and Gina came down the stairs together about five minutes later. Gina had a huge smile on her face and her cheeks were red with embarrassment. She looked up at them and her smile faded. What was Agent Harmon doing there?