Surprise and remembrance

-"No, no, no. We only have a few months until the race and we don't know who will do what yet! And one more person is missing!"- Penny walks around.

-"Calm down, there's sure to be enough time!"- Sam goes closer to him.

-"But Sam! Listen ...!" -the blonde woman turns and the senior firefighter starts up.

-"Sthhh. You listen, Penny. I know the race is important to you and you don't want to disappoint, but we'll be here for you. There's nothing wrong!"- the red-haired firefighter reassures his colleague and puts his hands softly on the woman's shoulder. .

Meanwhile, Chief Fire Officer Boyce in the office speaks to Station Officer Steele. The office is quite a quiet place when there is no call. Next to Steele's desk, there is a large calendar on the wall. The Firefighter Competition has already been entered.

-"Norris will be back in the afternoon to check out how they're getting ready for the race. And I'll bring a surprise!" -Boyce says.

-"All right, sir! But what a surprise?" -asks the man with blue eyes and gray hair.

-"No Norris, that's a surprise! "- the Chief Fire Officer  smiles.

Penny is still walking around. Venus and Jupiter are standing outside in the courtyard, and Penny is walking in their place. Sam stands in the doorway and looks at the blond-haired woman in alarm. He hears footsteps in the hallway and looks sideways.

-"Sam, how long has Penny been doing this?"- Ellie asks in a whisper.

-"It's only been 10 minutes, but I've been trying to talk to him. I don't know ..."- Sam explains.

-"More good work for firefighters!"-comes down the stairs with Boyce behind him and Steele.

-"Thank you, sir, are you leaving so soon?"- Sam asks saluting.

-"Yes, Sam, but I'll be back in the afternoon and I'll bring a surprise!" -he exits the fire station. Arnold and Elvis come in from the yard and go to the others.

-"It's really interesting. I'm looking forward to the surprise!" -Elvis says excitedly.

-"Penny! Please stop. Come and ..."- Sam asks, but they interrupt.

-"I'm going." - Penny says and starts walking toward them.

The word of surprise spread throughout the city. Sam and Elvis walk down the street. They were in the store to buy a tea filter.

-"I think it's a gigantic space robot!-  Is the voice of a boy behind the firefighters.

-"It's stupid Norman, I think there will be new hoses."- Mandy and Norman glide past them on a skateboard.

-"In Pontypandy, the news is spreading fast as usual!"- Sam laughs.

-"I agree, Sam!"- Elvis laughed and happily went back to the fire station.

Entering the fire station, the others are already excitedly waiting for Chief Fire Offcier Boyce. They line up at Jupiter's place. Sam put the tea filters in the blue cabinet and quickly lined up.

-"Firefighters! Good afternoon!"-the team salutes.

-"Thank you, sir!" -says station officer Steele.

-"Can we offer you tea, sir?"- Elvis asks.

-"No, thank you. So, as I promised, I brought a surprise!"- And points to the door. The door opens and a young girl enters through it. The team smiles. The girl too. Her green eyes and dark blonde hair are familiar to the team. "She's Audrey Smith. And she's just graduated from the Newtown Academy!"- says Boyce. -The team is complete now! Good acquaintance and good luck with the race!"-he says and leaves the station.

-"So ...... Come and take us around! Thank you for helping us then!"- says Elvis.

-"It's just natural! We'll help where we need to. I wouldn't have thought they'd put me here anyway!"- Audrey smiles.

-"We didn't know about it either, but we're very happy!"- the brown-haired woman says.

-"We welcome you. I'm the leading firefighter. Sam Jones. This is the another leading firefighter Penny Morris. And this Ellie Phillips, Arnold Mckinley and Elvis Cridlington. And our Station Officer Noris Steele!" -Sam introduces the team.

The new firefighter has already been driven around the station and is now sitting in the kitchen.

-"And what is this race about?"- Audrey asks curiously.

-"About it.."- Penny begins -"that firefighters have to perform various tasks on land, water, and air. But we'll send the details."

-"Then.."- Sam continues- "let's split the team. There will be Penny and Ben on the water. Arnold, Ellie and Tom in the air. On land, Audrey, Elvis and me! So good for anyone?"-he asks.

-"Yes!" -everyone says cheerfully.

-"The team is complete!"- Penny rejoices.

The night shift will be Ellie and Arnold, so Sam, Elvis, Penny and Audrey will go home to rest and sleep in preparation for tomorrow's shift. The firefighters said goodbye to each other and set off down the stairs.

-"Penny? Can I take you home?" - Sam asks, stepping closer. She is a little surprised and then answers a little hesitantly.

-"Yes!"- the blond-haired firefighter smiles. They walk slowly down the dark street. There is silence for a long time until one of them speaks.

-"Penny? Remember when there were study competitions at the academy. That's when we got to know each other. I only knew you about the Newtown Academy. Our schools' competitions were super!"- Sam recalls.

-"Yes. The races were very good. And I was so happy when I came here to work at the station."- she chuckles.

-"You don't remember how we got to know each other, do you?" - Sam asks as he steps in front of hier with a smile. Penny nods with a smile. - "I got lost at the Newtown Academy and ran down the hallway by accident to you. You were mad at me at first."- Sam laughs.

-"Yes. But as we went to the competition site, we talked to each other." -she reveals. -"You were really determined even then."

-"Yes. Follow your dreams."- Sam says.

-"That's what you said then ..... and now."- Penny starts, dodging the man still in front of him.

-"Wait, where are you going now?" - the red-haired firefighter asks.

-"I'll follow my dreams!"- Penny turns, laughing.

-"You won't get rid of me so easily!"- Sam runs after him cheerfully. Sam and Penny are best friends. Many people think there is no boy-girl friendship. But who knows. Do you think so?