Chapter 14

Heyyyy Guysss
I'm finally back!!
How are you all doing?
Okayy, Let's start..
________________________

While gazing at the stars, Zayan smiled at himself like never before. His earlier encounter with Aayat , still fresh in his mind. Oh! how much he loves to tease her.The way she reacts to his teasing her.
The way Aayat reacted ,when he said she loves him, made his heart skip a beat. Even though it was just a simple blush, for him it meant much more than that. Sure he had a soft corner for her since their childhood. The way she reacted, knowing he had a girlfriend was a sight to see. She was driving him crazy.

"What are you doing to me, Aayat Amir Khan?"He thought but this came out aloud from his mouth. His thoughts got interrupted by a phone call. As soon as he saw, whose call it was, automatically a smile erupted on his face.

"As-salamu alaykum beautiful." He said.

"Tum aur Zaid kabhi nahi sudhroge na?" Heena said and shook her head smilingly.

"Kabhiiiiiii nahi." He said and chuckled. Completely unaware of the person standing behind him in shock. Aayat had gone to call him for dinner. But stopped as she saw him talking on the phone.

"Besharam." She commented.

"Aree I love you na, aise toh mat bolo." Zayan reasoned.

"Ha ha bilkul."She replied sarcastically.

"Acha Kaisi hain aap?" He asked.

"Mein bilkul theek nahi hu. Mein tumse bahut khafa hu. Tumne mujhe bahut upset kiya hai iss baar." She replied faking anger.

"Haw, mene kya kiya?" Zayan asked his phupho confusedly.

"Tum wapas bhi aa gaye aur mujhe ek call karne kaa bhi nahi samjha tumne. Vo toh bhabhi ne mujhe bataya toh mujhe pata chala.Very bad Zayan, I wasn't expecting this from you." Phupho said. Saba had called her to inform her that Zayan was back.

"Aree aise koi baat nahi hai. Vo toh me bas thoda busy ho gaya toh aap ko call karna bhul gaya. Nahi toh me sabse pehle aap ko batata. In Fact I was planning to come and meet you,"Zayan reasoned.

"Acha ji, aisa kya kaam kar rahe the jo itna busy ho gaya mera beta ki apni phupho ko ek call na kar saka?" Phupho asked Zayan with a hint of confusion.

"Abbu ne office join kara diya." Zayan said in a helpless tone.

"Tumhare abbu ka dimaag kharab hai kya? Matlab bacha do din pehle aaya hai aur abhi se hi office join karva diya. Usko toh mein set karungi aake." Heena said, making him chuckle. Being the youngest of the siblings, she had control over her brothers.

"Yeah that you can do." Zayan told her.

"So how was your training?" She asked him.

"It was pretty good, I got to learn a lot of stuff over there. It was fun." Zayan told her about his experience in Hyderabad.

"That's great. I am very proud of you." She said, feeling proud of her favourite nephew.

"Thank you ,beautiful." Zayan replied grinningly.
__________

AAYAT'S POV

"Thank you ,beautiful." Zayan replied grinningly. OKAY
'I love you' that's enough. And why is he calling her beautiful again and again? Who is it? Girlfriend? How does she look? She must be beautiful, after all Zayan is very handsome. Wait handsome? No,..... he is not. Actually a little bit. Ughhh , Why do I care about him and his 'girlfriend' koi bhi ho mujhe kya farak padta hai? But why is he talking to her all nicely mere saath toh kabhi nahi karta. I swear, iske daat na tod du jo itna hass raha hai.

"Are you serious?" He said and started laughing. That's it I am going now. I am already hating her, how can she make him laugh so much. He is my crime partner, not hers.

"Yes phupho." He said. PHUPHO? He calls his girlfriend Phupho?..... Wait phupho matlab Heena phupho? Oh shit he is talking to her and I thought ye apni.. Nevermind.
~~~

"What are you doing here?" I got startled as Zayan suddenly out of nowhere was standing in front of me. He might have got done with his call.

"Uhh I yeah..... I came here to call you for dinner." Why the hell am I stammering? That to infront of this idiot, what will he think of me?

"Why are you all red? Are you alright?" He asked me in concern, while placing the back of his palm on my forehead to check my temperature. How cute...
Though my cheeks were red as, I was all blushing in embarrassment. What was I thinking? His girlfriend? Phupho? Silly me.
But thank god! He was not talking to his girlfriend. Wait why thank god? Ughhh this guy!!

"Yeah what will happen to me? I'm perfectly fine. You were speaking with Phupho na? What was she saying?" I said, changing the topic.

"Yeah they are coming tomorrow, and Beejaan has called Inaaya's family for dinner." He said. Oh yeah how could I forget, Beejaan's favourite son is back and no get together, how is it possible?

"Yeah I know Farhan told me." I said and shrugged.

"Ya whatever." He rolled his eyes and left from there. How rude!

<><><><><><><>

The next morning , the Yousuf family arrived.

"What's up people," Zaid announced smilingly , standing in the middle of the house. Obviously Zaid is Zaid , he had to mark his presence in a unique way.

"Salam karte hain." Heena Yousuf said and hit the back of his head.

"Owww ammi, maar kyu rahe ho." Zaid said, while rubbing the back of his head.

"Aree Heena maar Kyu rahi ho bache ko?" Beejaan said, coming for the rescue of her grandchild.

"Haina beejaan, samjhaye apni beti ko itne handsome bete ko koi marta hai Kya?" Zaid said dramatically.

"Haan beta ji apki ma." Heena said and smirked. Making the rest of them chuckle and Zaid frown.

"Ammiiii" Zaid whined whereas Heena ignored him and greeted her family.

"Sup girlfriend" Zaid said and hugged Aayat. Whereas she just fake glared at him.

"Mat kar yaar." Aayat said to him.

"Kyu koi Aur mil gaya Kya?" He asked her amusedly. While she glared at him a real one this time.

"Zayan kaha hai?" Zaid asked as everyone else was present except him.

"Sahibzaade so rahe hai." Asad Ali said and rolled his eyes.

"Aap toh chup rahiye bhaijaan. Sharam ani chahiye aapko, bichaara baacha abhi aaya hai aur use kaam bhi karana start kar diya. Matlab do teen din aram hi karne dete use..........." Heena started. While Zaid escaped from there and went to his cousin's room.

Without even knocking on the door, he directly entered and said
"Oyee Hero."

<><><><><><><><><>

Author's note
Holaaaa mis amigas!!
(First of all I am really sorry for updating late, I was pretty occupied last couple of days.
Okayy... so how was it ?
Zayan has a soft corner for Aayat since childhood hmmm 🤔😌
But Why was Aayat getting jealous if Zayan was talking to his girlfriend?🤔
Zaid is back ha!!!
How was the chapter ? Do comment and tell me.
You guys tell me one thing, do you want Zaid to play as the Cupid ??)

Please remember to vote and leave a feedback if you enjoyed:)
Thank you
Ananya M.