Chapter 27 (II)

Heyyy you Guyssss!!
Missed me??
Last chapter ha?
Let's start!!
______________________
Flashback
ZAYAN'S POV

"Beejaan.... I need to talk to you about something." And there, I said it. It was now or never.

"Sure." She said and I sat in front of her on the bed. I haven't ever felt this nervous in my entire life, as much as I am feeling now.

"Bolo?" She waited for me to say something, but I stood mum. I didn't have any words. What should I even say?

"Umm! apne apni medicine li na?" Okay calm down Zayan, there is no need to be worried. It's just Beejaan whom you need to talk to, she will surely understand.....maybe?

"Ji, par aapko humare medicine ki ekdum se yaad kaha se aah gayi?" She asked while raising her brows.

"Aise koi baat nahi hai."

"Toh Kaise baat hai Zayan miyan?" She asked with a glint of teasing in her tone. She was surely clueless about what was about to come to her. And seeing her cheerful and happy, I really don't want to spoil her mood. How is she even going to react once I tell her? Will I still remain her favourite grandchild if I tell her that I am in love with her granddaughter.... That doesn't sound quite well though. What if she stops talking to me, or throws me out of the house? Or even worse, disowns me? I can bear anything and everything, except my family's ignorance, especially Beejaan's. I..... Oh shut up, get a grip on yourself Zayan Asad Khan and just say it already. For once, do something that your heart says, instead of the brain. It might be wrong, but it would be worth it.

"Beejaan I need to tell you something." Let's do it, I took a deep breath and said it.

"Since the past few days, I have been feeling something, something I have never felt before, something weird.... Weirdly good. I don't know how it happened or when it happened, it just......happened. Uske alawa aaj kal kuch aur samajh hi nahi ata, usne mere dil aur dimaag dono para kabza kar liya hai. Usne mujhe pagal kar diya hai Beejaan. Apni poori zindagi mein main kabhi itna confuse nahi hua jitna usne mujhe kiya hai. Aadat ho gayi hai uski. Darta hu use khone se....... Pyaar karne laga hu mein use." That's it, I can't hide this from her anymore. As I said, I looked up to see her reaction, and she was shocked, upset?

"Kaun hai bhai ye? Zara hume bhi toh batao, kisme itni himmat hai ke hamare bete ko pagal kar sake?" She asked with a genuine smile. Himmat toh sirf ek hi mein hai beejaan.

"Umm Aayat Amir Khan." I whispered and tightly shut my eyes, hoping she didn't hear. But perhaps I was wrong, she already heard. I am so dead.... I slightly opened my right eye, only to be shocked. She had a broad smile placed on lips, her eyes glistening with tears. Something I was not expecting.

"Kaun?" She asked again, happiness evident in her tone.

"Beejaan..... Aayat"

"Apki cousin?" She asked calmly. Why is she so calm? Is this the calm before the storm?

"Ji beejaan."

"Aap jante bhi hain aap kya keh rahe hai?"

"Beejaan I'm sor-"

"Aur aap ye baat humen ,abhi kyu bata rahen hai?" She asked with a very unreadable expression on her face.

"Beejaan.... I want to marry her." I told her while she just smiled. What is wrong with her? Why isn't she mad at me for feeling this way? Why is she acting as if she knew this would happen?

"Toh?" Beejaan said casually.

"Bee- Kya aapki ijazat hai?"

"Ijazat hai." She said and smiled softly. What is wrong with my grandmother?