Chapter 23

Hello people!!
How are you guys?
Are you guys liking the story so far?
Okayy.... let's start!
________________________

"Aayat Amir Khan, itna sab kuch ho gaya tumhare saath, aur ye sab mujhe tum ab bata rahi ho? Matlab tumhe zarra bhi sharam nahi ayi ,mujhse itni badi baat chupate hue?" Aisha was pissed off with her best friend, how could she not tell her this, when they always shared everything with each other? Just how?

Apparently, last night, after the little accident with Aayat not much had happened, after Zayan applied the ointment on her wound, everyone retired to their respective rooms. But what was really surprising for everyone and Aayat , was Zayan dropping her till her room. Weird right? For a second Aayat could not comprehend what was even happening. It was just a simple burn right? Then why was Zayan acting like this?  Zayan Asad Khan was surely giving her a difficult time.

"Kitni overacting karti ho na tum? Aur itni bhi koi badi baat nahi hai jo mene tumhe nahi batayi toh koi pahad toot gaya." Aayat just shrugged saying it was not a big deal for her. But in reality, only she knew how hard it was for her to not think about it.
Last whole night, Aayat could not help but think about him. His care, his concern, the look in his eyes when he sees her. Aayat smiled recalling how he held her and said he won't let her fall. It was just a small gesture, but Aayat's heart fluttered, every time remembering how close they were standing, Aayat could swear she could hear his heartbeat rapidly. And when their eyes locked, Aayat felt something, something she was never going to accept. It was wrong, she shouldn't be thinking this way, she shouldn't feel all this. But she couldn't control her heart now, could she? 

"Acha" Aisha said, raising her right eyebrow.

"Ji" Aayat said.

"Zaroor meri jaan, kyu nahi." Aisha said, with a mischievous smile playing on her lips.

"Kya matlab hai tumhara?" Aayat asked.

"Vo chodo, yeh batao ke ab haath kaise hai tumhara. Pain toh nahi ho rahi?" Aisha asked, her expression changed to concerned now.

"Ha kaafi better hai, Zayan ne raat ko ointment laga ke dressing kar di thi. And in the morning, ammi gave me  medicine so I am fine."

"Hmm. Waise kaafi hai-" Aisha was interrupted by a sudden knock on the door.

As Aayat went to check who it was, she was surprised to see him. She wasn't expecting him to come to her room. What was he doing here?

"Hey" Zayan said in a soft yet deep voice.

"Um hi?" Aayat said meekly.

"How are you feeling now? Tumhara haath kaisa hai?" Zayan asked her nervously while scratching the back of his neck, while looking at her wounded hand. But why was he nervous?

"I'm better now, my hand is also fine. Thanks for asking." Aayat said, to which he just nodded.

"Cool then............... I'll see you later." With that he was about to leave but was stopped.

"Aree Khan sahab, humse toh mile." Aisha said and smirked.

"Aree bhabhijaan aap ko kaise bhool sakte hai?" Zayan
grinned and moved forward inside the room to greet her. He gave her a quick side hug and smiled at her.

"Yaar don't call me that, it makes me feel old." She whined.

"Sure thing"

"Waise aaj tak toh tumhe kisi ki itni fikar karte nahi dekha. Toh ab all of a sudden kya hua? Itni fikar? Aur vo bhi Aayat ki? Kya baat hai bhai? Kahi kuch..." Aisha asked him while wiggling her brows.