Chapter 25

Heyyy guysss!!
How are you guys doing?
Okayy... let's start:)
______________________

'I love you, will you marry me?' That particular sentence did not skip off her mind even for a single moment. As much as she tried to keep calm, convincing herself that it is just mere attraction, nothing else.That she is just attracted to Zayan, and she should not feel bad about it.
Obviously, she is just like any other family member to him, how could she expect something like this from him?? She was sure he didn't even like her, let alone loving her. Then why did she even feel hurt when Mahira proposed to Zayan, why could she not see that.
Why did she feel...... hurt? All these things had been occupying her mind since that very moment. And Aayat Amir Khan was messed up, Everyone in the Khan family could easily make out that something was surely up with the girl, but nobody paid much heed to it, thinking it must be nothing serious. Usually it is Zayan who knows everything about her, but surprisingly this time he himself didn't know what was wrong with his cousin. But this time, he himself was too occupied to even ask her what was wrong with her. Guess people have their priorities!
The past two days, Aayat had the least amount of conversation with everyone, she seemed distant and cold. Which was so unlike her. But that was not a problem, the problem was she was feeling something she shouldn't, and she had messed up a big time.
~•~•~•~
"Aayat" Razia Ali called her granddaughter softly ,while she didn't reply.

"Meri bachi kya hua hai? Ab bata bhi do, tum kab se aise leti hui ho." She asked again while running a hand lovingly on her head which was kept on her lap.

Since the starting, Razia Ali has been the favourite of all her grandchildren. She was the only person with whom all the grandchildren shared their secrets and fears, without any hesitation. Though Zayan was a little too close to her, she loved all her grandchildren dearly. She has been like a fairy godmother to Aayat Amir Khan, whenever she used to feel down or was in a problem, without giving a second thought she used to rush to Beejaan. Even now that she was grown up, she still went to her with her problems, because she was sure her Beejaan would have a solution . This time also, it was nothing different, after two days of sulking and overthinking, she had finally gone to her. But this time her problem was different, it wasn't that the professor scolded her for submitting her assignment late or Nadia not allowing her to go out with her friends or Zayan not talking to her. This time it was something completely different, it was something she could not figure out.

"Beejaan " Aayat called her after a very long pause.

"Ji Chanda" Razia Ali said while gently massaging Aayat's head.

"Humein pyar kon karta hai?" Aayat asked out of the blue.

"Yeh kaisa sawal hai?" Razia Ali asked and chuckled, but when she saw her granddaughter lost in deep thoughts, she thought to answer to her question.

"Aayat humein kisi se pyaar hona ya karna hamera haath me nahi hai. Yeh apne aap ho jata hain. Aur ye ek bahut hi khubsurat ehsaas hota hai. Zaruri nahi ke ye ek mard aur aurat ke beech mein hi ho. Hum kisi se bhi pyaar kar sakte hain, vo chahe humare waldain ho, dost ya koi aur . Aur agar hum baat kare, toh sabse zaada pyaar toh hum use karte hain jisne hum sab ko banaya hain, humara khaaliq, humare maula. Uske baad aate hain hamare waldain, jo humein ye zindagi dete hai, humein chalna sikhate hai, galat aur sahi mein farak batate hain. Vo do log hote hai jo humein pyaar karna sikate hai, humein duniya ki har buri cheez se bachate hain, khud se bhi zaada humara khayaal karte hain aur badle mein kuch nahi mangte. Aur jitna pyaar vo humse karte hain, aur koi bhi nahi kar sakta. Hum apne sache dosto se bhi bahut pyaar karte hain, kyunki unka pata hi nahi chalta ke kab vo dost se humari family ban gaye. Aur phir ata hai wo ek shaks jo humari zindagi badal deta hai, vo jo hamein humare waldain jitna toh nahi par bahut pyaar karta hai, vo shakhs jo tumhare saath chalta hai, vo jise galat sahi nahi, tumse matlab hota hain. Vo insaan jo har roz tumhare saath rehne ke liye dua karta hain. Aur vo insaan jo tumhe paane par duniya ka sabse khushnaseeb insaan ban jata hain." Beejaan explained to her, everything was fine until she spoke about the third person, which made Aayat think about one particular person, making her even more confused.