My first kill

FLUSH!!

I came out of the door to the basin. I was breathing heavily, still not able to accept that I had dragged myself into this mess willingly.

My t-shirt was wet from sweating, I looked up and saw myself in the mirror. My eyes looking at the brown and grey iris in the mirror. My messy dark brown hair. My face was white, paler than usual.

Who is this, this can't be me? I looked horrified at the face in the mirror. I would never look like this.

Oh really, what about that my conscience said in a slow deceptive voice.

I looked at the scar that ran from the back of my ear down the nape of my neck. I touched it softly and the memory came back.

"So, you are the one everybody talks about, I can see why they fear you," the boy said, he was the leader of the bullies in the school.

"What do you want?" I shouted.

"Why don't you join us, we would gladly take you in"

"No thanks, I work alone. Anyways I don't want to be a member of your dork gang" I said and turned around to leave.

"What did you say?" the leader shouted hotly.

"You are a bunch of hooligans, who act all tough and macho," I said smirking and turned around.

After that the leader had pounced on me and hit me from behind, I had felt a sharp pain slice through as I turned around to fight back. I did them all out in ten minutes flat.

It was not until I reached the bathroom that I realized that it was a cut. I went to the school nurse, who knew me by that time because of my frequency in there.

She had bandaged me, I never told anyone about how I got the scar. I was one of the bad guys with a feared reputation. I was not known for my kindness. Even after having the scar I continued bullying, the scar only adding to my personality.

But, it all changed after one incident.......

"Aren't you done yet?" I heard the shouting of the guard who had escorted me here. Closing the tap I went outside to the waiting guard.

"What took you so long?" he inquired.

"I was admiring the architect" I replied smiling, the guard simply looked up and started walking towards the stadium, I followed him.

We reached the stadium and I went to take my seat. The boy who sat beside the red mask was coming up the stairs finishing his fight and from the looks of it, he had won.

Now, only I and the red mask was remaining, I looked at him and saw him still looking at the stadium studying it. I turned back to look at the balcony.

"Okay, who wants to come up next" the voice boomed again. I looked at the masked guy, he showed no signs of volunteering.

"I am ready," I said standing up and raising my hand. Going down through the stairs I reached down to the center.

I looked back at the balcony from there, I tried to look at the king but, it was more difficult from this distance.

I looked at the man who has been doing the commentary all this time, he was looking at me and I nodded.

The gates opened and five guards came in, I took a deep breath reading myself. I don't know how I was going to do this but, one thing was clear if I loose I am as good as dead.

Ready I took my stance, I knew that though I was the youngest in here, I looked older than what met the eyes. My height and the body size was definitely one of the asset that I had in my favor.