The big open door

I went back to the towers to do the training. I tried all the three towers this time and aced them all. It had become easy now, I knew all the secrets and the attacks of the tower. After completing them three times I finally thought of taking a break. I started going back towards the castle.

I took the stairs on the right first and went up to the kitchen. With all these trainings I was hungry so, I ate a light supper before coming down and going to the left stairs.

climbing up the stairs I reached the first floor, I took a step towards the rows of rooms when I Suddenly stopped and looked back at the stairs that were going up.

I knew that on the other side of the room there were restrooms and baths for us but, what was upstairs?

I had never gone up the stairs but, I had seen Cyril coming down various times from up there. It wasn't that we were forbidden to go up there, it's just I never really gave it a thought.

But, now I was curious I have been around three weeks in the castle now and still I didn't know most of it. Well at least I knew where three of the four stairs went but I didn't know where the left staircase at the back goes.

The left here at the front comes up here, the right one goes to the cafeteria and meeting room while the right one at the back goes to the kings and the royal chambers.

I was pretty sure only the left staircase at the back remained.

I spared a moment of thought guessing what could be up there but, after pondering for a minute gave up.

You can always go and check that place dumbo.

"I could" I said unsurely.

Still, I focused back on the stairs in front of me, should I take a risk and venture above.

Oh, don't do that, please... You will piss your pants if you did that.

I could practically see him smirking in my mind. I sighed shaking my head and then started going above.

I treaded up slowly, looking every few seconds behind my back to see if anyone had spotted me or not.

I was up the first flight of stairs and now only one more remained. I was praying for someone to catch me, I didn't want to go up now. No one came to stop me, I continued going up and finally reached the second floor.

I looked first at my left and then at my right, it was similar to the floor below, there were rooms on the right while restrooms and baths on the left.

Curious to see if someone lived here or not I went to the room directly above mine and came to a stop in front of the door.

I took hold of the knob, my hands were shaking but, I turned the knob and slightly opened the door, and took a peek inside.

No one was there in the room. I opened the door wide and looked at the room in awe.

The bed was like a royal palanquin, made with gold with interlacing floral design and patterns. I went to the bed and touched the fabric. It was soft, softer than cotton. I could imagine myself falling asleep in a minute if I slept up here.

Not that the bed in our rooms were uncomfortable they were pretty good themselves but, nothing compared to this.

There were even cabinets and wardrobes that surprisingly had code locks. There was even a royal purple wallpaper throughout the room and.......

I couldn't believe what I was seeing above. A chandler albeit a small one, it looked the same as the ones that always fall in a Indian ball parties.