Chapter 3 - "You're My Mate"

Sapphire's POV

-Friday­-

I walked into school earlier than normal, everyone woke up early to prepare for the future Alpha's birthday. I left early to avoid them. I hurried to my locker and pulled out the necessary items before heading to class.

I sighed as I relaxed into my seat, hoping that maybe everyone would leave me alone today since it was Cameron's birthday and he would likely be preoccupied with his new mate. I began reading once again as I awaited the events of the day.

My ears and eyes perked up as I heard the gang enter the classroom. My wolf was all giddy for some reason, odd for her.

First, Carson.

Second, Jesse and Marie.

And Finally, Cameron.

As they entered, Cameron's gaze met mine, his eyes glistened as he tensed. Jesse and Carson shot him a worried glance before he quickly exited the room. Soon after, a familiar voice entered my head.

Meet me by my locker, now. Cameron stated, more growled, through mind-link.

Coming, Alpha. I quickly responded before grabbing my things and hurrying to meet him.

As I approached his locker, his back was turned to me and anger rolled off him in waves. I internally flinched as I stood behind him with my eyes suddenly interested in my shoes.

"You're my mate," He stated, turning to face me.

"W-what?" I stammered out.

He grabbed my hand and I gasped as I felt small electric shocks pulse from his hand into mine, confirming his statement. I looked up at him and watched as his eyes flashed from their normal hazel color to black before going back.

He took a shaky deep breath and said, "I, Future Alpha of the Blood Moon Pack Cameron Valentine, reject Sapphire Jacobs as my mate." He walked away, as though nothing happened.

I felt a stab of pain in my chest as my wolf whimpered. I fought tears as I sprinted to my locker and threw everything in my arms into it. I ran to the pack house, reaching it in less than 20 minutes. I went up to my room, knowing no one was at the house.

As I let my tears roll out of my eyes, I emptied my backpack before throwing some clothes, the money I had, and my lunch. I grabbed a notebook and a pen to write a letter.

"Mom and dad,
I'm sorry you hate me, I'm sorry I'm not a good daughter, I'm sorry for whatever I did wrong that made you hate me. I love you.

Jesse,
I'm sorry that I was your sister. I'm sorry that I'm fat and ugly. I hope you and your mate are happy together and good luck being Beta. I love you.

to the rest of the Blood Moon Pack,
Don't bother looking for me, by the time you find this I will be long gone.

Sapphire"

I tore the note out and placed it on my bed. I looked over my room, saying a quick mental good-bye before I ran out of pack house.

Then, I sprinted. I ran until I hit a stream on the edge of our territory. I rested against a tree.

How are you holding up Ruby? I asked my wolf.

I can't believe he rejected us. She mumbled out.

I know, Ruby, but it'll get better. I said, hopeful.

She only whimpered in response and blocked me out.

I sighed and grabbed the granola bar out of my lunch sack and ate it quickly, then checked the time. 10:30. I had about 6 to 7 hours until anyone would notice that I'm gone. I remembered that once I crossed the border, I would have about 50 miles until another pack territory came.

I shifted into my white-grey wolf, grabbed my bag in my mouth and trotted along the river. I started walking in the river to cover my scent and thought,

Good-bye mom, dad, Jesse, and Cameron.

Cameron's POV *during last period - 5 hours after Sapphire left*

My wolf had been howling in my mind, and yelling, because I rejected our mate.

It's not like she would've made a good Luna. She's weak, and too young, I snapped, shutting him out.

I still remembered her scent: citrus and sunshine.

All day, Jesse had been pestering me about if I'd caught a scent. Of course, I couldn't tell him it was his sister and that I rejected her, so I lied.

"So, dude, have you smelled her yet?" Jesse asked for the hundredth time today. Each time he asked was a stab to the heart.

I groaned, "Jesse, for the one hundredth time today, no I haven't so can you please drop it!" I whisper-yelled back at him.

He put his hands up in defense and continued working. About 10 minutes later the final bell rang; I packed up my stuff, threw the books I didn't need into my locker, and ran to my truck.

"Someone's in a rush." Marie giggled, whispering to Jesse. I shot her a glare and hopped in my truck. I started it then pulled out of the lot, they hopped in before I headed to the pack house.

After I parked my truck in its spot in the garage, I went straight to the kitchen. I was starving! I grabbed some pizza in the fridge from Tuesday's supper; today is Friday so it's still good, I think.

Shrugging, I popped the pizza in the microwave and clicked the :30 button and waited while it heated up. As soon as it was warm, I plopped down on the couch and turned on a random movie, which happened to be Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, one of my favorites. Sometime later, the other mate-less teens joined me.

I was rudely interrupted when Jesse yelled, "Cameron! Get your ass up here fast!"

I growled lowly at the way he called for me but dismissed it. I went upstairs and followed his scent into Sapphire's room. In there, Jesse had a piece of paper in his hand and was crying with Marie trying to comfort him. He handed me the note, "Cameron, Sapphire is gone." His voice was so...dead.

I read over the note and sighed. "I'm sorry, bro." I said, voice void of emotion.

"We caused this," he whispered, "she's gone because of us. She's been gone, for a long time. Her scent in barely present and I can't reach her mind link." Then he fell to his knees. "How am I going to tell mom and dad?" He asked, more to himself.

We sat there for a few minutes before he hurried out, saying he was going to try to track her.

I slumped down to the floor after they left. She's gone. She's actually gone.

Yeah, and you're a god-awful prick, My wolf growled into my mind.

--------A/N-------

This chapter is most similar to the original first chapter!

Hope you like it!

~Em

(1136 words)