Chapter 13 - "Cameron's Niece"

Sapphire's POV

Two weeks.

I've been here for two weeks.

Turns out, my plan to get my wolf to send a message failed, amazing.

I get the same routine every day now:

Wake up. Talk to Crystal or one of the goons. Get a shot. Darkness. Wake up again. Bread and water. Talk to Morgan and Crystal. Shot. Repeat.

Until today.

I woke up to screaming.

I had guessed we were a basement, and the distant growls and screams confirmed that.

Crystal's face held fear as she entered the room with her daughter. She grabbed a key off the wall and began unlocking my chains.

I looked up at her confused.

"I need you to protect Morgan, I know I wasn't always the nicest to you but think of all the times I saved you, I need Morgan to stay alive. Can you do that for me?" She finished with tears cascading down her cheeks.

I nodded. In my time here I had come to be pretty close with Morgan. She was an innocent bystander, oblivious to the fact that the pack her mother ran was full of murders.

She turned down to her daughter. "Morgan, mommy's in trouble, I need you to stay with Sapphire. No matter what anyone says stay with Sapphire, she'll keep you safe. I love you." She said, wrapping her in a hug and kissing her forehead.

"I love you too mommy." Morgan said, crying also.

Crystal and I heard a door break down, then she turned to me. "Go out this door and go left. Eventually you'll hit a stone door. That's the exit." She lifted Morgan onto my back, and we left. Crystal went right, while Morgan and I went left.

"MOMMY!" She screamed, crying.

I kept running with her until I reached the door Crystal was talking about. Prying it open, I climbed up the three flights of stairs, then I ran.

My wolf, when she finally regained all her strength, told me which way the pack house was.

When I finally arrived at the pack house, a half hour later, I made my way down to the safe room. There all of the moms and mates looked at me in shock. Ariel wrapped me in a hug, catching me off guard.

"I'm glad your okay." She said.

When she pulled away, I carefully pulled Morgan off my shoulders and set her on my hip.

"Who's this pretty girl?" She asked running her fingers through Morgan's hair.

"Cameron's niece."

She gasped, "Cameron had a sibling? How did I not know?"

"Her name is Crystal. Her mate was Blake Martin, King of the Rogues. After she ran off with him, no one talked about her. Especially after Cameron killed her mate.

She kidnapped me to get revenge on Cameron for killing her mate. She wanted to kill him and by getting me, she thought she could do it. But, when they attacked, she wanted Morgan safe so she let me go with her."

She nodded, still shocked, "So, her name is Morgan?"

At this point, Morgan had fallen asleep with her head on my shoulder. I nodded.

Her eyes glazed as she sent a message, probably letting Chase know I was back.

"They're on their way back." She said.

Cameron's POV

Walking into the pack house, I noticed Sapphire with a small girl sitting on her hip talking to Ariel.

Sapphire turned to face me as she must have caught my scent. The girl in her arms glanced up at me.

The girl looked just like my sister.

I walked up to Sapphire, "Who is this?"

"This is Morgan, your niece." She said.

Wait, what?

*********A/N***********

There was a lot of changes to this chapter! The main concept is the same but whew, it like it much better now.

Sorry it's kinda short.

Thanks for reading,

Em