Chapter 12 - "My Mate is Also Your Brother"

Sapphire's POV

Black.

That's all I saw when I finally came to.

I used the every ounce of energy I had left and pried my eyes open.

My eyes gazed around the room as I took in my surroundings. I was in a prison-like room. Cold concrete floors and bars. Bound to the floor with chains.

This feels oddly cliché. I thought to myself

"Aw, Sleeping Beauty is awake." Said an all too familiar voice.

Ah yes, continuing with the clichés now are we?

"Crystal." I spat.

Let me introduce Crystal, she was my best friend from birth to about freshman year. We were born on the same day, January 16, only a minute apart. We were inseparable, the sisters of the Alpha and Beta. She even stuck by me while I was being bullied, even tried to get them to stop.

However, she left sophomore year when she found her mate. Blake Martin. Self-appointed "King of the Rogues". They found each other when his "pack" attacked ours. He died a few months later on a second attack on our pack, comes with the territory of being a rogue.

I sat up and took in her appearance. She looked essentially the same as she did before she left. Same bleach blonde hair. Same blue-grey eyes. That's actually how she was named, in the right light they can look like diamonds. However, now they seemed to have lost their shine.

She spoke again, "Your very correct, little Sapphire."

I growled, pulling against the chains, "Why am I here?"

"Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, you don't remember anything do you?" She cocked her head to the side.

I growled yet again, "What do I need to remember?"

"Your mate killed Blake. I've had scouts watching the pack's every move. I was going to take Courtney, until you showed up. I never knew you were his true mate." She smirked, "Which makes this all that much better, I take you. He goes crazy trying to find you. He's vulnerable. I kill him. We're even."

"My mate," I spat back in the same tone, "is also your brother."

"Details, details. He lost that title when he killed Blake."

"It's his fault," she interrupted me with a growl, "I mean, if I remember right, Cameron was willing to let them join the pack. He declined. Then Cameron let you all leave with your lives." I paused, "It was your idiot mate who decided to attack again."

She growled at me again before two men walked in the door, needle in hand.

"Perfect timing," she smiled.

I backed up as far as the chains would let me, "Who are you?"

"They are the men who have kept you knocked out for the last two days. Well, not them, the needle in their hand has."

A plan quickly formed in my head. If I could get them to wait just a bit longer, I could send a message to Chase.

"You know, Crystal, we should catch up, it has been, what? 4 years? You should give me the shot instead of them, you know, to catch up." I said, sweetly.

She always was gullible, "You're right Sapphire. Jordan, wolfsbane." She said, snapping her fingers and they handed her the needle before bowing their heads and leaving the room.

I could already feel my wolf coming back. "So, how's being "Queen of the Rouges" treating you?" I asked.

She sat down, goddess she's dumb, "Really good actually, all the rouges are like my slaves. I wish Blake were here, ruling with me. It's so lonely." She looked sad.

"I bet," I responded, "Not having a mate is pretty lonely."

She nodded before there was a small knock on the door. I took the opportunity to reach out to my wolf.

I'm here.

Send a message to someone. I said, desperately.

Working on it. She replied

"Mommy?" A little voice came from behind the door.

"Yes sweetie?" Crystal responded, heading to the door.

"Can I come in?"

Crystal looked back at me before opening the door, "Yes honey, just stay close to mommy."

A little girl walked in the door. She looked to be about three, maybe four. She looked like Crystal's mini, other than the eyes. The girl's were a vibrant green color.

She hit behind Crystal, "Mommy, who's that?" She pointed at me.

"Just an old friend."

"Oh." She waved, "Hi Mommy's friend," She waved.

"Hi." I said, smiling.

"Who are you?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"My name is Sapphire. What's yours?" I said.

"Morgan Sapphire Martin." She said, proudly.

"That's a very pretty name." I said, shocked that Crystal made her middle name Sapphire

She blushed, "Thank you."

"Time for dinner honey," Crystal said, ushering her and her daughter out of the room.

"I found out I was pregnant with Morgan a few weeks after Blake was killed."

I nodded in understanding, "You named her after me?"

She looked down at the ground, kicking some imaginary dust, "Yeah."

"Why?"

She shrugged, "We promised, I never held a grudge against you. I couldn't break that promise." She looked at saw the needle on the table again.

"Sorry," She said, entering my cage to give me the shot and the familiar darkness filled my vision once again.

----------------------A/N-------------------

Lots of changes here! I split the original chapter in half; this is the first half of that chapter but with lots of changes!

Main concept is still the same though :)

Thanks for reading,

-Em