Epilogue - "Mate"

Sapphire's POV

"REAGAN!!" I heard Morgan scream.

"Do it yourself!" Reagan screamed back.

Cameron groaned and rolled over me to burry his head in the pillow.

"Gee thanks, I'll get it." I got up to go investigate.

I made my way upstairs to Morgan's room.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I need help figuring out what to wear." Morgan said sheepishly.

"Why can't you dress yourself?" I crossed my arms.

"It's my sixteenth birthday! I need to look good, what if I find my mate?" She asked the last part dreamily.

I laughed at her and went to talk to Reagan.

"Reagan, please help Morgan get ready for school." I teased, "I'll let you go to the packhouse and play with Aubrey and Caden after school."

"Okay!" She shot out of bed.

"Thanks sweetie." I said and left her room.

I heard the clinking of hangers and the sound of a zipper. Reagan came out of the room and went right back to her room to also get ready for school.

Morgan came out of her room extremely happy and cheerful. She had on a simple outfit of a flowy white sundress with flowers and denim jacket over top. She also had on a pair of strappy espadrille sandals.

"Everything okay now?" I asked.

"Yup!" She responded.

Devin chose that moment to also roll out of bed and head to their shared bathroom on the top floor.

"How are you today?" I asked. I received only a groan in response from the 11-year-old boy.

"Good morning to you too," I rolled my eyes before going to check on the other twins who hadn't moved yet this morning.

I walked into the pastel pink room that belonged to 7-year-old Ashley. She was still asleep. I woke her up and told her to get ready for school before I left to check on her brother.

Next door was the black room that belonged to Ashton, part two of the 7-year-old twins. He was awake and playing on his iPad.

"Time to get ready for school," I told him and turned on his light before leaving the room.

Now that everyone was awake, I headed downstairs to my mate making breakfast for the family. I kissed him on the cheek before checking the calendar for what was going on today.

Everyone came downstairs as they finished getting ready, "Don't forget, everyone is coming over tonight to celebrate Morgan's birthday." I reminded.

We all ate breakfast and cleaned up.

"Dad, can you take me to school?" She begged, "It's my birthday and I don't want to ride with my siblings!" She knew he wouldn't say no.

Cameron let out an exaggerated groan before agreeing, "Fine, I have to be back here before 8 so grab your bag and we will leave now." She gave him a hug before running upstairs to grab her things. They left shortly after.

"Mom's car is leaving in 10 minutes, no one is getting left behind so chop-chop." I said before heading to change.

I walked into the living room to see a very frustrated Reagan fixing Ashton's shirt that was inside out and backwards. I laughed before heading to the van with everyone in tow.

I dropped Devin, Ashley, and Ashton off at the elementary school before bringing Reagan to the middle school. Reagan is very smart and actually skipped a grade, so while she would normally be in 7th grade, she was actually in 8th.

"Have a good day honey." I said as she left the van.

"Thanks mom." She left and I went back home to spend the day with my mate.

-

"Can you get the door?" I yelled to Cameron. I was currently in the kitchen making Morgan's cake.

"Pizza's here," He said, coming back with a stack of pizzas.

I have a twenty wolves coming over tonight, there was no way I was cooking food for all of them.

Everyone was coming over for Morgan's birthday, and I mean everyone.

Chase, Courtney, and their kids Connor and Jordan. Caitlyn and her girl Brelynn. Ana, James, and her girl Kennady. Ariel, Alex, and their twins Jaxon and Jaden. Stephen, Carson, and Kayline. Last but not least; Jesse, Marie, with Caden and Aubrey.

The only one not coming was Travis. He was appointed as Third when I left, he had to stay back and keep an eye on the pack for the night.

The kids were all really close, we tried to get together for everyone's birthdays so we wouldn't drift apart and so far we have done really well.

We also try to get the kids together as much as possible, we have bets on who will all end up as mates. We keep those bets a secret.

I heard the door open again as Stephen's family and Jesse's family entered the room.

"Hey guys!" I yelled, "We have the backyard set up for the party but you all can hang out inside until then. The kids are in the basement."

Slowly but surely everyone arrived. With an extra person.

"This is Dustin," Ariel said, gesturing to the boy next to her.

"Hi Dustin, I'm Luna Sapphire but you can just call me Sapphire or Saph."

"Hi," He shyly waved back before following Alex to the backyard.

I gave Ariel a questioning look.

"He was a rogue, like Alex and Ana. When Alex's patrols found him on the edge of the territory, he was as good as dead. But he pulled through, and Alex felt protective over him and I couldn't say no. So we took him in as ours. He's a year older than Morgan so we brought him so Morgan could have someone else her age here." She explained.

I was about to respond when Cameron entered my mind.

Babe you gotta get out here, bring Ariel. His emotions told me he was excited.

I pulled Ariel outside and we both teared up at the sight.

Dustin and Morgan were locked in eye contact. As soon as we walked out the door, we hear them both whisper,

"Mate."

>> A/N <<

I completely redid my epilogue! I didn't really like my old one.

This one also sets me up a little bit better in the event that I want to restart the sequel again! If I do, it would be a mix of Sapphire's kids' stories but with a specific focus on Reagan's.

I hope you have enjoyed the rewritten version of The Beta's Baby Sister. I sure have enjoyed rewriting it!

Thank you for all your support!!

Em