25.

Franky's POV

I had just fallen asleep when I hear the front door open and close. I roll over in my half-sleep, trying not to fall off the couch. I flinch, fully waking up at his touch on my cheek.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, peering into my soul. I'm speechless. In the small amount of time we've been friends, I've hurt him. "I am..." he leans down and touches his lips to mine. I inhale sharply, he draws back, frightened.

"Crap, I'm sorry," I groan, sitting up.

"Kissing you did that?" He chuckles. I nod as he claims the seat next to me.

"I'm sorry, I should've talked to you instead of doing what I did."

"Yeah, you should've. I just need to know if I'm wasting my time here."

"You're not," I promise him, with too much hope in my voice. I clear my dry throat before continuing, "I never wanted you to feel this way."

"I know, mami," he pushes my hair out of my face. "Are we sleeping here?"

"What?"

"Do you wanna go back to the hotel, not for sex but for us to exactly be alone," he explains.

"Hotel, please," I moan. I had fallen asleep on the couch, waiting for Oscar but I know in my heart I can't go back in my room with Baba, it's too wrong.

Oscar kisses my temple. "Do I need to carry you?"

"Yeah," I joke but he wasn't. He scoops me in his arms. "I was kidding!" He laughs a throaty laugh and I look at him in awes.

********

"I don't get it," Oscar complains for the hundredth time.

When we returned to our hotel room, I passed out for a few hours. Oscar had order room service and waited for me to pick a movie. After eating and him laughing at me-because I was half awake and looked "funny as hell" while I ate-I picked the movie The Way Way Back.

"Why doesn't he just beat his ass?"

"Because," I chuckle, "not everyone handles this with violence."

"And look where that's getting him," he stretches out his long arm and gestures to the tv. I laugh. "If he's so tired of his step-father's shit then he should do something about it!"

"What did I just say?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," he mutters, waving his hand at me, dismissing me.

"Do you want to pick a movie?" I try, but he shakes his head and scowls the tv. I look at the side of his face for a hard moment. I'm sitting leg cross as he lies on his side, resting on his elbow.

What am I doing? I like Oscar and I want this-us to continue. What am I waiting for?

I grab the remote and shut off the tv. "What are you doing?" He asks, sitting up, "I wasn't whining that much."

"Yes, you were," I smile, "but that's not why I stopped the movie." I grip his shoulders and pull him to me, smashing our lips together.

He kisses me back, placing his hands on my thighs.

"Do you have a condom?" I ask into his mouth.