PROLOGUE

Looking down two year old Taylor felt guilty. He had once again caused trouble and was gonna get beaten by his parents. He hadn't meant to break it. It was an accident but alas he knew his fate was sealed.
''You brat, that is the fourth bowl you broke this week'' his momma screamed at him in anger her voice echoing through the kitchen. He found himself shaking in terror.
''IAN THE BRAT BROKE ANOTHER ONE," she yelled.
His step dad immediatley ran into the room and pushed his tiny frame down to the floor then proceeded to deliver his punishment delivering harsh blows to his stomach.
He whimpered in pain as blood ran out of his nose as he stumbled downstairs to the basement which was his bedroom. It only had a worn out mattress and clothes laid on the side. They never gave him anything after his first birthday when things changed even a daiper. To make matters worse he wasn't potty trained and whenever he had an accident they would beat him. Laying down on the mattress sucking his thumb he fell into a dreamless slumber. Waking up he saw his momma cleaning his wounds and placing a daiper under me.
''Momma,'' he mumbled trying to get up but couldnt because of the pain from the wounds from last nights beating. She gently lifted his trembling form and set him on her lap.
''Here baby eat,"she said softly placing a bottle up to his mouth.
Feeling the milk flow in his mouth was amazing considering he hadn't eaten in three days as punishment for breaking a bottle that had that yucky stuff his step daddy drinks from.
When he was full he tried pushing the bottle away but failed as his momma forced it back into his mouth.
''Momma no,'' he cried as she landed a hard smack to his bottom making him accidentally kick her in the chest.
She screamed in pain holding the spot he kicked. He was panicking. His step daddy came running down the stairs and to momma side as he sat on the floor in tears.
''You bastard look what you did after she was so kind to even feed you," step daddy yelled. He tried to tell him the truth but he instead pushed him down.
''I am done with you and your brattiness, get out and never come back,'' he spat.
He pulled him up by the arm dragging him upstairs shoving him out the door into the streets in the dead of night slammimg the door in his face.
He was in tears as he walked down the street. It was cold. He was alone, abandoned. He walked around aimlessly with nothing but his thoughts to keep him company.
Why did his momma hate him? Who was his real father? Why does nobody love him? H asked himself these questions as he walked into an ally way behind a restaurant and sat on the cold floor sobbing. He pulled his knees up to his chest.

*********************************************************************************************88