CHAPTRER NINE

TAYLOR'S POV

I ran down the long hallway happy cause today is my birthday and the guys promised to take me to the zoo and i was excited mostly because i've never seen animals that don't hurt me.

FLASHBACK

I was sitting in the basement shivering when the door opened and i herd heavy steps and barking. My step daddy stood in front of me holding a leash with a bull dog at the end of it ''get over here'' he roared i quickly stood with shaky legs walking over to him ''this is your punishment for breaking the vase, that thing cost us a fortune'' he roughly shoved me and threw my skinny body onto the floor 'in font of the dog who glared at mewith narsh red eyes 'i-id didn't d-d i-t'' i was only ONE ''too bad'' the bull dog launched at me and clawed at my legs which were now covered in blood ''p-pwease s-stop'' i begged but the torture went on for an hour. I ended up with a broken leg, broken arm, broken ribs and a concussion i fell into darkness and didn't wake up for a month by then most of my injuries were healed. Why did daddy leave me?

PRESENT

The memory played in my head as the wound was still fresh and the scars on my back hurt. I stood still as tears rolled down my cheek ,my breathing became hard and my chest tightened it felt like i was floating. I was too focused on controlling my breathing that i ignored my surroundings as i stumbled into something or someone just as my knees buckled underneath me and i fell backwards darkness taking over.

Four hours later

My eyes slowly opened as i took in my surroundings only to realise that i was still on the floor of the hallway where i passed out, i stood up shaking because it was cold then went downstairs for dinner. I wasn't the brightest when it came to numbers but an hour had passed and no body came down to have dinner or feed me my bottle. Earlier i went round the house searching for Axel, Damon or Blare but found none in the house. Everyone always leaves me.

I can't believe they left me all this time i thought Axel was my new dada, but he betrayed me, i thought he loved me but he left, they all did, just like the rest.

I sat shivering in my crib, it was dark, i was scared but even though i wailed they never once came through out the night and i eventually cried myself to sleep.

DAMON'S POV

Today i woke up feeling a pain in my chest for some reason but didn't know why, my mood was worsened when i heard that we all three of us had to travel to Florida to collect a new shipment and the leader of the Florida drug cartel wanted to meet with us to talk about the security issue so Axel agreed. We left immediately after breakfast but i felt like i was forgetting something but i shrugged it off. It was a five hour drive from our place and a two hour flight by helicopter so we choose the latter.

After six whole hours of negotiation and talking buisnes i was ready to head hom but Axel had other plans so we stayed in a hotel.

Memories rushed through my head as I lay on the bed. Life wasn't fair to take our parents away at such a young age but we coped. Taylor was not even five but he'd experienced hardships at such a young age. I love my brothers because they are family.Though the feeling that something still wasn't righ bothered me, so i called Axel.

''Hey man where are you?'' i asked looking up at a sleeping Blaire ''at a club what you want'' Axel shouted ''did you forget anyhting at home, like lock the back door'' ''no'' he replied ''okay, but i feel...oh shit'' i muttered and looked at the table clock ''we forgot it, we forgot his birthday'' i sobbed . I felt hands rub soothing circles on my back now realising i woke up Blaire, I couldn't fucking believe i forgot Taylor's birthday and worse off all we left him home alone ''we gotta head home. NOW'' i demanded rushing to put my clothes on ''we will pick Axel up on the way'' Blaire suggested and i nodded ''were coming baby boy, hold on'' i whispered hoping he was fine and will forgive us.

I can't believe that we were so caught up by work to remember we had another human being to take car of let alone a two year old baby.

*********************************************************************************************